Android 8 - 7 inch 2 DIN screen problem

You can post Pumpkin forum feedback and forum-related problems. Good suggestion will be welcome!

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ksghost

Android 8 - 7 inch 2 DIN screen problem

Postby ksghost » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:15 pm

The bottom 1/2 inch (or so) is being cut off. Appears the image is too tall for the screen. In example, the bottom of the Waze screen isn't being displayed (and unable to scroll) so the 'start navigation' button doesn't show up. Any suggestions or a way to fix resolution?

Jammy

Re: Android 8 - 7 inch 2 DIN screen problem

Postby Jammy » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:29 am

Hi,
please first tell me your order number in amazon or buyer id in ebay,Pumpkin or AliExpress so that we can confirm more information about your unit and provide you positive solutions.
About this issue,could you mind showing me a video or some picture to help us understand your query ?
Regards

ksghost

Postby ksghost » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:53 pm

My Amazon order number was 114-5849708-0710650.

The first picture is what displays on the Pumpkin unit. The second picture shows what 'should' be displayed (i.e. my android cell phone).

I can not access the 'STOP' or 'GO NOW' buttons or drag the screen up to view.

Waze 1.jpg
Pumpkin display
Waze 1.jpg (4.81 MiB) Viewed 7542 times

Waze 2.jpg
Cell Phone display
Waze 2.jpg (329 KiB) Viewed 7542 times

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:45 am

Hi,
you can try to 1. re-install the waze app .
2.using an thin stick to click the RST button to reboot the unit .
Regards

ksghost

Postby ksghost » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:26 pm

Thanks for the response. I tried both of your suggestions, twice in alternating order, but the problem persists. Anything else to try?

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:51 am

Hi,
here is the firmware for your unit.
https://mega.nz/#!bDABkA5T!DAwX6VRvahIS ... KpDMD-1dm8
Please download it to the root content of one sd card and insert it into the gps slot,then enter settings - system - system update.
I tested the same app in the same car stereo and it is normal.
Do you mean all the image appears or just the image of the waze app too tall for the screen ?
Could you show more pictures or an video about the issue ?
Regards

mawabe

Postby mawabe » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:57 pm

Hello,
i think a have the same problem
But is this update the right for my radio ?

On 01/31/2019 I bought the Pumpkin Android 8.0 Radio ND 0279B
(Type PX5 800x400) via amazon/Germany (order no. 302-4968843-2387520)
All in all I am very satisfied with the radio, but there are two things which don’t work like they should:

1) If a window pops up in a running programm which can’t be displayed on the whole monitore, I won’t be able to scroll down to the buttons located at the bottom oft he window. This, for example, is the case when I use the program „Here we go“ and I want to switch to the GPS memory card. If I use a mouse connected via the USB-port, I am able to scroll down a bit more, but it is still not enough to reach the necessary buttons.

2) Not all bluetooth hardware can be detected by the radio

The problems couldn't be solved via reset.

Manfred

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:18 am

Hi mawabe ,
sorry that i don't understand your first issue. In fact, any query,you can contact the pumpkin customer service or the seller.I suggest you attach these information:
Your Amazon order ID&order date:
The details of the issue(when did it happen&what happened&what did you try to do to fix it);
Attachments(It couldn't be better if you would provide us with pictures or video link);
It will help us understand the issue and provide you right solution.
Your car model and made years;
You phone model and system version(if it is regarded);
The rest of the supplement.
2. It is normal that the unit unable to detect or be connected with some BT devices such as BT keyboard.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Forum Feedback”