Touch screen problem with 1171-05A

You can post Pumpkin forum feedback and forum-related problems. Good suggestion will be welcome!

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Arturo

Touch screen problem with 1171-05A

Postby Arturo » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:50 pm

Hi, i have a second hand pumpkin radio (1171-05A), Android 7.1, Octa Core 2GB Ram 32GB Rom... I have installed it on BMW E53 (x5), and in a few weeks the touch screen don't work, i can use the unit, but with the buttons, not with the touch screen. Can you tell me the steps to make the hard reset on this unit? Maybe i can solve this issue with the hard reset?

Thanks in advance.

Jammy

Re: Touch screen problem with 1171-05A

Postby Jammy » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:02 am

Hi,
there is an hole marked RST on the top of the panel, there is a reset button in the hole .You can using an thin stick to click this button to reset the unit .If it still doesn't help ,you can contact the pumpkin customer service or write to support@autopumpkin.com to get an new touch sceen.
Regards

Arturo

Postby Arturo » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:52 pm

Hi Jammy,

But this is not a hard reset, when i push this button, i can restart the unit, but still the same configurations, hour, date, bluetooth devices still connected also... Is possible make a hard reset? Do you know the steps?

Thanks again. :)

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:56 am

Hi,
i guess the hard reset you mean should be restore to factory settings. Since you are unable to touch the screen.You can flash the firmware referring to the following video .
https://mega.nz/#!2Lg3BIRa!lwDQshFqqJBt ... FzGTrW0p7I
please download and unzip the files to the root content of one sd card or USB stick and insert the card into the GPS slot .Then do in the way referring to the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8Go80q4LB0
it still doesn't help ,you can contact the pumpkin customer service or write to support@autopumpkin.com to get an new touch sceen.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Forum Feedback”