No Bluetooth

You can post Pumpkin forum feedback and forum-related problems. Good suggestion will be welcome!

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
koubekma

No Bluetooth

Postby koubekma » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:48 am

Pumpkin Android 8.0 Car Stereo/Radio for VW Series Double Din Octa-Core 8-inch Touchscreen RAM:4GB + ROM:32GB

SKU: AE0373B
Order number: 500004355 (directly from autopumpkin.de)

I have been using my pumpkin happily for a couple of weeks. However, today after turning on the Bluetooth on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S5), I was no longer able to connect to my "CAR KIT". General Bluetooth search on my phone found other devices in the vicinity, but not the radio. That would indicate that the BT on my phone is working fine.

I have found no option to hard reset or reboot the radio, so I have done a factory reset. I have also rebooted my phone.
Still the radio could not be seen on Bluetooth device scan on my phone.
Also scanning for Bluetooth devices on the radio showed no result.
Checking the Bluetooth settings after factory reset, I have noticed the Device name and PIN fields are empty (have been pre-set to CAR KIT and 0000 when first purchased). Editing those parameters manually did not help to solve the problem either.

It is as if the Bluetooth module inside the radio was no longer working.
Is there any firmware update I can try?
Any other suggestions / settings?
Possible unit defect?
Please help!

Jammy

Re: No Bluetooth

Postby Jammy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:57 am

Hi,
you can enter settings - factory settings -app page and check whether the BT option is WQ-BC5, choose this one and click apply and then exit and reboot the unit.
bt.png
bt.png (24.79 KiB) Viewed 7286 times

Regards

koubekma

Postby koubekma » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:25 am

Thank you for the quick reply. The very next day I turned on the radio Bluetooth was working just fine. The only strange thing, that despite the reset the bluetooth Pin was the one I have configured previously, before the reset. However it was not working but instead the default 0000 did work. But thank you for the instructions and will keep an eye on it, hopefully I will not need them.

One more question I have: Is there a way to redoot the unit other than switching the radio off and back on? I mean like a proper reboot?

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:48 am

Hi, there is an reset button on the right bottom corner of the panel .You can click it to reboot the unit.
Any query ,you can write to support.de@autopumpkin.com for help .
Regard

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Forum Feedback”