Installation of new apps impossible from Google play store on Android 6.0 device

Welcome to share your installation experience and ideas on those car radio dvd gps stereo device

Moderators: Jammy, admin

KaMu

Re: Installation of new apps impossible from Google play store on Android 6.0 device

Postby KaMu » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:53 am

Just a warning: Pumpkin has two different Android 6 HUs:

- 27-AQVW71: for VW Skoda Seat, screen resolution 1024x600
- 27-AQTU72: 2 Din, screen resoltion 800x600

Most likely the new firmware provided now by Jammy will only work on 27-AQTU72.

The discussion in this thread was first only about 27-AQVW71, but now it is also about 27-AQTU72.

Jammy, is there also a new firmware for 27-AQVW71?
What happens when installing the 800x600-firmware on a 27-AQVW71?

Jerry_R

Re: Installation of new apps impossible from Google play store on Android 6.0 device

Postby Jerry_R » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:03 pm

Clever remark from KaMu!

I installed the update today, another warning for anyone else planning to do the same update:

!!! FLASHING THIS UPDATE WILL COMPLETELY RESET YOUR HEADUNIT BACK TO FACTORY DEFAULTS !!!
You will have to configure everything all over again, just like it came out of the box...

And now for the results of the update: Apps that I payed for in the past aren't recognised as 'Purchased' anymore so I the only way to test them is to buy them again?!?

Screenshot of the Osmand apps I bought from Google Play shown on the Pumpkin headunit after flashing the update today:

Screenshot from my smartphone showing the same apps today:

('Aangeschaft' is the Dutch word for 'Purchased')

Yes, I already tried a restart, a reset, a complete factory reset, tried both 3G and WiFi, no luck...

So it seems the bug has been replaced by a different bug... Please fix this as soon as possible!

KaMu

Postby KaMu » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:39 pm

Just to be sure: you connected the device again to your google account after applying the new firmware?

Jerry_R

Postby Jerry_R » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:25 am

No response yet from Mr, Jammy, can you confirm my result is noted and will be fixed in the new update that will be provided as soon as possible?
Thank you.

w1ntermute00

Postby w1ntermute00 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:44 am

I installed the new firmware on my 27-AQTU72-03. I can confirm that if you try to install a paid app from the radio itself, it asks you to pay again. *However*, if you go to the google play store on your computer, find the app you aleady bought, and then tell it to install on the radio (shows up as "Allwinner T3"), you can install the paid app that way without paying again. So, it still doesn't work exactly right, but there's an easy work-around, so that's ok for me for now.

Thanks,
Rob

Jerry_R

Postby Jerry_R » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:52 am

Jammy,

I have logged in and tested MY OWN Google account, as I have only one where I pay for my Apps. I don't have multiple Google accounts where I like to spend money on. All my Android devices work perfectly with all Apps I payed for, just this Pumpkin device refuses to let me install software I PAYED for. Why???

As you can read in my previous posts I did log in with my account. And no, it doesn't work. Look at the screenshots. Read what I posted and confirmed.

Please fix this as soon as possible! I'm ready to write some very angry reviews on this device and the lack of support from Pumpkin and post it on any hardware or car related website and forum I can find...

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:20 am

Hi Jerry_R,
We have tested the way shared by "w1ntermute00 ", and the way also has been confirmed to be ok.
It's normal that the unit clear all the data and apps after you restore the factory setting or flash the unit.

For the pay app from Google play store, you can enter the Google account on your PC, search the app you ever installed on the unit before updating, then you can find the relation between Google play store and our android unit.
Then log in the Google account on our unit "Play store", find the unit, the unit you ever paid will show the "Purchased" sign.
If you still have problem, please click into the "android device management", press update button for the purchased app which needed to be installed.

Please notice, if you purchase the pay app from Google play store, and you also want to install the same app into our unit, that's not allowed by the Google play store, even you use the same Google account, I think you can understand what I say.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”