Canbus and other issues

Welcome to share your installation experience and ideas on those car radio dvd gps stereo device

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
dave2895

Canbus and other issues

Postby dave2895 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:51 pm

HI I have just bought the 8" Android Lollipop unit for a VW Golf Mark V GTI. I am pleased with it generally its good value for money so far. I had some initial problems and didn't realise there were no Sat Nav maps installed. I have now installed Nav free as an APK file via the USB which works fine and after deleting and reinstalling Google Maps hat works well when tethered to my phone. My main issue is whether is should have used the Canbus decoder wiring loom or not. The guy who installed it said I it wouldn't work with my car. The led lights didn't come on with the car lights and I have had to set them to be permanently on in the factory settings.

Also the reversing camera comes on when the car ignition is on and the engine is off but doesn't work if the engine is running. I did read somewhere that I may need to put a relay in but I'm not sure.

I cant seem to get the unit to accept my login to google play either, not a massive issue but it would be nice.

any advice would be good!

Dave

Jammy

Re: Canbus and other issues

Postby Jammy » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:29 am

Hi,
Could you please first tell us your order number or buyer ID?
More details about the product and your car can help us provide you best solution.
According to our experience, most of VW car have the canbus system which control the ignition and the steering wheel control.
If your car have canbus system but you used the power cable without canbus, the unit will drain the car battery.
The illumination wire for led lights and the reverse detective wire should all be controlled by the canbus.
For the reverse camera issue, you can refer the other forum and get the relay to solve the problem.
For the Google play store issue, here is another forum, please check it, you can make it work again easily.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1322
Regards

dave2895

Postby dave2895 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:47 am

Hi Jammy my order number details are as follows: -

Order ID 206-5330364-8255511:
1 of Pumpkin 8 Inch Quad Core Android 5.1 Lollipop Head Unit for Jetta Golf EOS Passat Polo Double Din In Dash HD Touch Screen Car DVD Player Stereo Suppor [ASIN: B01D30XDXY]

My car is 2006 so I am not sure about the Canbus on the car and whether he should have used that loom. I haven't got a multifunctional steering wheel though.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:34 am

Hi,
Our technician said that your car should have the canbus system, even though your car does not have the multifunctional steering wheel.
So you need to use the power cable with canbus decoder.
Could you please tell us which power cable you used?
As I explained the situation you used the power cable with canbus decoder.
Only if you could not turn on the unit when using the power cable with canbus decoder, then please use the power cable without canbus decoder.
For the power cable without canbus, you need to connect the illumination wire to your car headlight positive pole, then the button light will be turned on when you switch on the headlight, at the same time the screen will become a little darkness.
Regards.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”