rq0267e/buick roadmaster

Welcome to share your installation experience and ideas on those car radio dvd gps stereo device

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
turnofftheradio

rq0267e/buick roadmaster

Postby turnofftheradio » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:40 pm

Just wanted to share how much I like my stereo I got from amazon/pumpkin.
To install in 1996 roadmaster wagon, a few tabs must be removed behind the stock stereo, and the trim needs a little clearance. I added a little too much clearance and had to add a small bezel on the left. I used a standard metra Gm double din kit to install. I also needed an antenna adapter as gm used the small type connector.

So far, everything works as it should. boots great under 0 degrees F. Rear camera cord was long enough to reach on the wagon which is very long. I was very happy about that. I really like that It boots with the Buick logo.

My call quality is good, I was worried that the mic would give me problems, as it seems a somewhat common complaint. I put the mic on the drivers A pillar towards the top corner.

I have a special windshield the GPS doesn't like. Has a metal film solar shield. I put the GPS antenna below the sheet metal roof, and it works fine. I would have preferred to mount it on the vista roof window, but the cord was not long enough. I would have liked another 3ft for the GPS antenna cable.

I did not really like the equalizer. It is fine, but it needs sub output level control. I chose to add an external eq to finer tuning, and sub control.
I did test the amplified speaker outs, they sounded fine but my install uses the RCA low level outs to the eq to amplifiers to speakers. Sounds great.
I do not use 3g, my phone as a hotspot is the way I go.

Thanks for producing a cool product for a price I could afford.

I'm sure sooner or later I'll have some problem, and I'm happy to know this forum is here for me.

Jammy

Re: rq0267e/buick roadmaster

Postby Jammy » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:47 am

Hi,
Thanks for your experience sharing.
We are always trying to release more functional and high quality product.
Any assistance, please contact me here or directly contact our customer serivce.
We will reply you ASAP.
Regards

turnofftheradio

Postby turnofftheradio » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:35 pm

Thanks Jammy
the only question I have for right now is if I can use an extention cable for the gps antenna to add a little more length. If I can find such a cable, would it degrade the gps signal, or cause problems with the antenna? I'd really like to get it to the vista window over the rear seats.

Here is my wagon. Awesome that the rear camera cord was long enough.
Under the snow, the vista window where I would like the gps, is just before the roof rack

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:43 am

Hi,
The GPs antenna come with our unit can reach to the top of your car.
But normally we suggest our client just put the GPS antenna to the inside corner of the front windshield and it does not degrade teh GPS signal except your car windows has a metal protective film.
And please notice, if you put the GPS antenna to vista window over the rear seats, after a long time, the GSP antenna would be easily broken.
Regards

turnofftheradio

Postby turnofftheradio » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:49 pm

The vista window does not open. Its just a glass canopy. I use it for Ipass too since there is no metal layer on the glass there.

If you could tell me if the connector for the gps antenna a standard SMC connector? Just in case I want to try an extension. Thanks.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:55 am

Hi,
The GPS antenna connector is SMA standard connector.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”