Audi A3 Can-Bus Issue

Welcome to share your installation experience and ideas on those car radio dvd gps stereo device

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
surfsound

Audi A3 Can-Bus Issue

Postby surfsound » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:09 pm

Dear pumpkin-team,

I'm a new owner of the android 5.1 pumpkin RQ1221e System (ebay 311464750582 ). The system fits very well in the car and due to the quadlock connector I had to use the can bus which is necessary and already implemented in the pumpkin adapter.

I have a few questions and hints to enhance the performance out from a user view:

System works well, Ignition on and of is driven by the can-bus as intended:

I' m not happy that the can-bus adapter does not take care to the "key in" command on the can bus which would be available and documented. Implementing the key-signal in the functionality would make your product much more professional as it is already, this feature is integrated by competitors.
Its in my opinion a little program modification in the firmware, only to wait after ignition off command to the key out sequence and leave the system online. A lot of young people want to listen to the CD or look to the Dvd whithin that situation. Battery drain is shurely a user related risk but with the key in i know what is going on. After the key out you could turn off the radio in the known way.

I would be a glad tester for your trials in that case.

Illuminiation of the buttons is driven by the can-bus this is good, but it should be implemented in software to reduce also the background lighting of the display in this case to a user definable level. easy to program, a large improvement for the user. Its to heavy in the night.

I would be glad to discuss this issue with your developer and try the modificated software.

The next thing is related to my actual problem:

while turning in the rear gear, the display is not switched to the cam( today i dont have one, but i want to buy it immediately.)
The rear switch signal is on the car-bus, I've tried all four audi can bus protocols which are in the hidden menue.
As I read all the threads, the pumpkin canbus adapter will care on this signal, but mine does not.

Could it be a bad issue/problem of my can bus adapter?

thank you for your reply.

best regards
Surfsound

Jammy

Re: Audi A3 Can-Bus Issue

Postby Jammy » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:44 am

Hi,
For your improvement suggestions, our company technician and factory developers will take them into consideration.
We are always aiming at enhancing the performance and improve the user experience.
For the rear camera, as you mentioned, its' controlled by the canbus box with the power cable, but you may don't know, there is a setting which disable and enable the reverse switch, please go to the factory settings--other to set the "Reversing switch", click Apply and Exit, then the unit will reboot to keep this setting. Hope some help.
Regards

surfsound

Postby surfsound » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:59 pm

Dear Jammy,
thank you deeply for your quick and open support.

Unfortunately I'm not able to solve the reardrive problem with your tips, I did:
#1 checked the cabling from pumpkin can-adapter to radio: is ok and pinned right
#2 checked the can-bus coming from car whether it is pinned right: is ok
#3 checked if Rear-signal is on the car bus with VCDS- interface plugged to car: is on the bus
#4 tried every combination rear switch on/off in hidden menue and every audi a3 can protocoll (off/simple/bagoo)

My diagnosis is a failure in the can-bus adapter.

Is it possible to get a change pumpkin can-bus adapter (audi a3 2008) from your customer service for testing the issue?

Thank you for your support.

Best regards
Surfsound

surfsound

Postby surfsound » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:56 pm

Hi Jammy,

Thank you for your hints. Tried it all, does not work, screen is not shifted to rear cam.

Cam is original new Audi Cam which delivers a Standard video signal on yellow chinch.(tested)

The issue is related to the can-bus box which do not switch the radio to rear cam while command is definitely on the Can-bus. (Tested it several times). Cabling is ok.

Tryed to get a replacement can-bus box via Vanessa on the support. They won't send me, told me to buy a new camera.

But this will definitely not solve the issue.

Maybe you could explain them my problem and wish once again.

I sure to give here a positive feedback and hints for all the other customers.

Best regards

Surfsound

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:09 am

Hi,
Could you please tell us your ebay buyer/user ID?
I will explain your problem to my colleague and provide you positive solution.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”