Multivan installation

Welcome to share your installation experience and ideas on those car radio dvd gps stereo device

Moderators: Jammy, admin

Hans

Multivan installation

Postby Hans » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:26 am

I received my Pumpkin a few weeks ago and have not been lucky with the installation in a VW Multivan 2005. To make a long story short, I do not seem to have the loudspeaker connections there where all the cables are behind the radio. I have now made a direct connection to an external speaker and everything works as it should and that is great.
However, I would like to use the car speakers and between the car radio technician and the volkswagen dealer I get rather different advice.

I have a few questions:
1) Should there in all cases be a loudspeaker connection behind the radio, or are there installations with a different wiring diagram?
2) Do I need an amplifier, as one technician suggested, but another denied? If so, what would be recommanded?
3) where can I find the loudspeaker wires to connect directly?

Thanks and best regards

Andy

Re: Multivan installation

Postby Andy » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:50 am

Hi Hans, would you mind provide me your order number and purcahse link so that I can check the item you have bought from us and provide you correct suggestion? And also, would you mind share me some photos of the plugs and connectors from your original car? I will try my best to help you solve it!

Hans

Postby Hans » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:13 pm

Thanks Andy,

My order number was 204-9664442-9976347

I was told by VW that the wiring was diferent because I bought the car in Germany.

Anyway, I had a look at the amplifier and decided that it was way to tricky to play around with those 200 wires.

I will bring the car to a car electrician to connect the loud speakers correctly, but also do the reverse camera and several other wires.

I have a last question. Where can I find a complete explanation on how to install TomTom on the Pumpkin.

Thanks and best regards

Andy

Postby Andy » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:13 am

Dear Hans
Thank you for your reply!
I'm sorry for the trouble caused on you, I know understand that you bought an universal 2 DIN device with nornal ISO cable to install on VW car, and that caused the wiring and connector totally different. But I'm glad that you have already sovled it in the electric shop. But if you are not, please contact me back with your information photos, ok? I will try my best to help you solve it.
And as you can see, the item is built in WIFI function with Android system, so I think you can connect the device to internet, and direct download the Tomtom map app to install into the radio. Any other issues, please let me know!

Hans

Postby Hans » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:52 am

Thanks,

Does that mean that there would have been appropriate connectors, if only you would have known it was for a Volkswagen? I have an appointment with the car electrician only after new year, so if Pumpkin can send me something that can solve the problem, please do not hesitate.

In the video you kindly made, you show how to bypass the amplifier and that works with my external loudspeaker. But to do that with the car's own loudspeakers, I have to 1) have access to where the wires come together or 2) rewire. The second option should not be necessary, and for the first I had a look at the amplifier, but thought it wiser not to touch.

It would be a great help if you could advice where the loudspeaker wires of a Multivan 2005 come together to allow me to connect the radio directly.

I will send some pictures later today.

Regards

Andy

Postby Andy » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:07 am

Hi Hans
Sure, it's my pleasure to help. Ok, first, could you please take some photos to show me the original car connectors from your car? Is there any wiring diagram label pasted on orignal ca radio? So that I can check if we have specific cable connectors for your car, ok? You can upload the photo in the attachment by clicking Add Files. You may check this thread for helping on what photos to be sent to me!

And as you also mentioned that your car original with some kind of amplifier built in? Could you mind also take some photos to show where the amplifier are located? I will waitting for you online for another 3 hours, please do not worry!

Hans

Postby Hans » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:53 pm

Hi Andy,

Thanks again for the help.

I attached a couple of photos
Pumpkin 6.JPG
Wiring diagram old radio
Pumpkin 6.JPG (4.42 MiB) Viewed 6762 times
Pumpkin 7.JPG
Central Control Unit
Pumpkin 7.JPG (24.94 KiB) Viewed 6762 times
Pumpkin 4.JPG
Wires and connectors Multivan
Pumpkin 4.JPG (617.87 KiB) Viewed 6762 times

Pumpkin 4 shows the wires coming from the car in the green connector and the harness. The connector fits into the harness. The pins in the harness meant for the loudspeakers are not used.

What I thought was an amplifier is the Central Convenience Unit under the passenger seat.

Also attached is a photo with the diagram of the old radio.

Regards

Andy

Postby Andy » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:34 am

Merry Christmas! Hans!
Thank you for your replying even though it is Christmas holiday today.
According to your photo, I just wonder where did you get the quadlock connect? Maybe you can give me link if you ordered it from internet seller? And does all other function, such as steering wheel control function are work? Or your car original without steering wheel control function?
And do you mean from the original car radio connector, there is no speakers wire? Cause the photo 4 didn't show the pin out, so I can not define that, would you mind unplug the quadlock and take photo on the front face of original plug? Just as the following photos shows so we can check the pins with/without wire.
example photos.jpg
example photos.jpg (41.02 KiB) Viewed 6758 times

I know it's holiday today and you may enjoy the holiday at the moment, so please do not wory and reply me when you are free, ok?
Regards!
Andy

Hans

Postby Hans » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:33 pm

Hi,

Here is the photo you requested.

I just installed my old radio again, with the same wires and there does not seem to be any problem. I only tested if the old radio has a direct connection to the speakers, which it does. Tomorrow I will start some good old trial and error connecting wires.

I will keep you informed.

Best regards
Attachments
Pumpkin 10.jpg
Pumpkin 10.jpg (411.21 KiB) Viewed 6753 times

Andy

Postby Andy » Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:30 am

Good morning Hans
Hope this reply do not late!
Thank you for your photo, but that is really stranger that your original car connector do not include speakers wire on the plug, which you can see, there is no wires there which original should be 4 pair wires for speakers from the original car radio wiring diagram.
no-speakers-wire.jpg
no-speakers-wire.jpg (80.43 KiB) Viewed 6747 times

But you said when you install back the original car radio, and the sound will comes out, so that is my first time met this kind of situation my friend. I think it is the green small inside connector from the picture would do that job, I mean the LD-R, LD-L, EA-R, EA-L, LINE, EA-G. So it means LD-R/LD-L/EA-R/EA-L are positive pin of RCA input, and LINE/EA-G are negative pin of RCA input. Maybe you can try one of the pair with one of the RCA connector from the radio to check, I mean only pick one of them to check if it will have sound, just sa the following link shows which you may need to do wiring modification, please do not worry, you won't loose your warranty!
test-RCA.jpg
test-RCA.jpg (101.18 KiB) Viewed 6747 times

If this is not work, I only have the suggestion that the first time you mentioned, direct connect the 8 speakers wire to your car speakers, bypass the original car built in amplifier, which may take a lot of wiring and installation job to do. Could you be able to do that?
Best Regards!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”