Battery drain

Welcome to share your installation experience and ideas on those car radio dvd gps stereo device

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Turbil

Battery drain

Postby Turbil » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:04 am

Hi. The car battery of my Toyota RAV4 2005 model gets drained using my new Pumpkin stereo.
I have already read the thread at viewtopic.php?f=3&t=161 but everything seems to be in order.
you please advice on what to do now?

Order no:
http://www.autopumpkin.com/pumpkin-6-2- ... d-dvr.html

Jammy

Re: Battery drain

Postby Jammy » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:51 am

Hi, about the car battery issue, could you please take some photo about your original wiring harness or the wiring diagram?
Then send them to our customer service email box "support@autopumpkin.com".
We will help you check and try to give you solution.
Regards

Turbil

Postby Turbil » Mon May 02, 2016 8:17 pm

To add to my original post: If I use the radio when the engine is off (i.e. when the alternator is not charging the car battery), the car battery quickly drains, after a few minutes. Then, I need to push the car to get it started again.

I have done some testing over time, and the battery drainage problem seems to be reproducible and consistent.

Regarding the connections, I just followed the description. I did no manual connections. The reversing camera is connected to the reversing light, so it is only one while reversing.

Could you please explain what other typical sources of error could cause the battery drain problem?

Turbil

Postby Turbil » Thu May 05, 2016 8:30 am

Hi. I published another post some days back. Seems like it don't appear, so I write again.

I have done some troubleshooting and found that the car battery quickly (~15 mins) gets drained when the car engine is off. When the car engine is on, the car battery naturally don't discharge as the alternator is doing charging simultaneously.

I have not done any manual wiring, just used the connectors that came with the unit.

What do you think the battery drain problem may be?

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu May 05, 2016 9:22 am

Hi, about the car battery issue, could you please take some photo about your original wiring harness or the wiring diagram?
Then send them to our customer service email box "support@autopumpkin.com".
We will help you check and try to give you solution.
Regards

Turbil

Postby Turbil » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:03 pm

Hi Jammy.

Just to update you on this battery drain issue. Over email, Monica advised my to disconnect the OBD, which I had installed and thought I could leave in permanently. After removing the OBD my car no longer seems to have the battery drain problem.
So, I'd like to thank you guys for your help.

Br
Jon

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”