Issues fitting unit to Skoda Octavia

Welcome to share your installation experience and ideas on those car radio dvd gps stereo device

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Antimus

Issues fitting unit to Skoda Octavia

Postby Antimus » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:12 am

Hi,
I have a 2012 Skoda Octavia, it already has a GPS and DAB antennae already.
I bought this unit:
http://www.autopumpkin.co.uk/2-din-car- ... l?___SID=U
and the GPS addon, along with adapters for the FAKRA plugs from the factory GPS and DAB aerials in the car

I fitted the stereo, and had the following problems:
1. The GPS worked fine but the DAB aerial didn't work, even using the aerial that came with the DAB unit didn't pick anything up
2. The AM/FM aerial FAKRA plugs don't fit into the aerial adapter that came with the stereo, the sockets are too close together and the plugs with the Pumpkin adapter are too big to fit them both in at the same time.
3. Even when I fit one aerial plug in at a time there is no AM or FM signal, I have connected the blue wire to the main loom.
4. All of the extra wires stop me from pushing the unit into the dashboard, there just isn't room behind there.

Any advice would be appreciated

Jammy

Re: Issues fitting unit to Skoda Octavia

Postby Jammy » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:31 am

Hi, could you please tell us your order number?
1. You can refer the below forum to check the DAB.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=290
2. You can contact our customer service to send you another AM/FM aerial Fakra plug which may fit your car well.
3. If you connect the one aerial plug and the blue wire correctly and tightly, the unit will get the strong FM signal, the AM reception may be affected by the surrounding and the local AM signal.
4. Your car dashboard inside room may have the limitation, we suggest your sort them out and put them together, then they will not occupy much room of your dashboard. Or you can consult your local car stereo filter.
Regards

Antimus

Re: Issues fitting unit to Skoda Octavia

Postby Antimus » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:48 am

Hi,
My order was through Amazon, number # 206-5227759-1555531
I'll try again with a single plug, update the DAB app and request a new lead, will update when I've retested everything.

As for fitting the wires in, I've been given some pointers from people, will try that again too.

Thanks

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”