New Pumpkin 10.1 DAB Problem

Welcome to share your installation experience and ideas on those car radio dvd gps stereo device

Moderators: Jammy, admin

Jammy

Re: New Pumpkin 10.1 DAB Problem

Postby Jammy » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:46 am

Hi,
If the new firmware installation could not fix the freezing issue, it maybe the android board have problem.
The unit turns off when you pull out ignition key, and there is only about 10mA current left from the car battery, it will not drain the car battery, so please don't worry about this.
Regards

f19ajw

Postby f19ajw » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:40 am

Thanks for the reply again,

Just to confirm, this is the 3rd firmware update now and the unit still has the issue of not switching of at no specific time.

This is what happens

1. Switch on ignition
2. Unit comes on as usual
3. Switch ignition off and the unit switches off... this is what is suppose to happen.

Now..... This is what has been happening at least once every couple of weeks and not exact or specific times.
1. Switch on ignition
2. See pumpkin logo name on screen and that's it
3. Switch off Ignition.. Unit does NOT switch off... Wait 10 minutes.. still on... Wait 1 hour... still on...
4. NOW... remove dash facial (not a two minute job), to unplug power connector and plug back in again.. switch on ignition. everything ok for the time been.

It seems the software if hanging and not starting properly. The reset button does not do anything at all when if freezes like that. The only way is to remove the power to the unit.

Please advise, If I am on a long journey and stop off at services, when continuing the journey it has happened where I have had to remove the power lead due to the unit freezing and not starting as described.

This has been going on now since obtaining the unit a good while ago without a solution.

Thanks, AJW

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:42 am

Hi,
Sorry about this.
Regarding your issue, the problem may lie in the android board.
You can contact our customer service and try to get a new android board to solve the problem.
Regards

f19ajw

Postby f19ajw » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:06 pm

Hello Jammy,

I received a new DAB module and still have issues with reception... I have decided that the unit just is not ready to handle the latest DAB so I have removed the DAB module and am using standard radio.

Aside from that..... for the past few months I have been having a lot of speed issues. something I am still surprised is an issue....

An example.... The main feature of the system is for navigation. I have tried
Sygic
Igo
Google Maps
HERE wego
Waze

All of the above navigation software titles take a good 3 to 4 minutes to load sometimes... and sometimes crash on loading and has to be restarted.

Can you provide a solution for this. I have completely wipes the system and started again.. but still the same problem. You have provided a couple of updates before... one related to this speed problem if you look at previous comments.

I do really need this sorting out before I have to review the system for an alternative like Eonon like I had before which was a lower processor but 2 times faster at loading.

Thanks, AJW

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:05 am

Hi,
very sorry for the your bad experience.
Could you show us a video about your problem?
We need to analyze the problem further more.
And did you change the mainboard?
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”