New Pumpkin 10.1 DAB Problem

Welcome to share your installation experience and ideas on those car radio dvd gps stereo device

Moderators: Jammy, admin

Jammy

Re: New Pumpkin 10.1 DAB Problem

Postby Jammy » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:38 am

Hi,
The image is right for your unit RQ0265, please don't worry about this.
You can refer another forum to download and install the firmware.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14
Regards

f19ajw

Postby f19ajw » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:33 am

Hello Jammy,

Updating the image was completed without any issues. All apps are working as they should.

Regarding the DAB issue. Still the same. No difference at all.

What I did.
1. Insert SD Card with image in root into map sd slot
2. Selected about and chose Update
3. Update started and laded and restarted without any errors
3. Checked a few apps and language setting all ok
4. Started DAB app and selected scan, found a good few DAB channels
5. selected a random local know channel known to be very popular in the area... it starts and shows information as expected.. after about 3 to 5 minutes it starts to make that warble noise like it isn't receiving the data completely. during the next 5 minutes it gets worse and to a point goes completely off just like in the video originally provided to you.
6. Tried some other stations, exactly the same... not one can get past 5 minutes

Note the antenna I have installed due to the poor quality of the one supplied does get a little further in receiving the DAB signal which may indicate a DAB module issue.

This is the antenna similar to what I obtained which is powered
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eightwood-DAB ... SwCGVX~2Pi

Please advise on how this can be rectified as it has been a good few weeks now without a working solution for DAB (one of the main reason I obtained this unit). Purchase information and order details have been provided in private message to you previously.

Thanks, AJW

f19ajw

Postby f19ajw » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:15 am

Hello Jammy,

I have obtained 2016.Q2 United Kingdom Maps from another source and working ok.

Look forward to a solution on the DAB.

AJW

f19ajw

Postby f19ajw » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:22 pm

Nearly two months now when I purchased this unit. Still no solution on the DAB issue.

Can Admin provide detail on how we can move forward in rectifying this issue, or should this be escalated further.

AJW

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:58 am

Hi,
After getting the DAB issue, we had submitted it to both our technician and factory developers.
They are trying to find the best way to solve it, sorry for the long waiting time brought to you.
Regards

f19ajw

Postby f19ajw » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:13 pm

Jammy,

Would it also be possible to enquire why the unit won't switch off every couple of weeks. I am having to removed the dash to get to the back of the unit to disconnect the plug to remove all power and connect again. Very time consuming and frustrating especially if I stop on a long journey and require the when I am in the middle of a navigation. Never had any kind of these problems with different manufacturers.

AJW

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:55 am

Hi,
Sorry for the trouble caused.
It maybe the software bug or the hardware problem, you can flash the unit to check.
Here is the link of the update firmware for your unit, hope some help.
https://mega.nz/#!FEtQRahA!Oh084yfP8jPF ... JpEo-rPUJE
Regards

f19ajw

Postby f19ajw » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:52 am

Hi Jammy,

Since the flash of the new file you gave me, the system has become very laggy... slow with some applications. this did not happen on the previous flash. It seems to be resources.. not enough free memory type of slowness. nothing has changed since the update before this one you gave me. Have been testing it to make sure before asking for a solution.

AJW

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:14 am

Hi,
The system operation speed has relation with the installation apps and the cache data stored in the internal storage.
If you don't mind, we can send you another original firmware for your unit, just hope some help.
Here is the link for your unit.
https://mega.nz/#!ZYFCGIZY!vlVpc2S_zPiz ... xD2mRZkC60
Regards

f19ajw

Postby f19ajw » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:51 pm

Hi Jammy,

I can confirm after the flash of the new firmware you have had frozen the system 2 times now.

So not fixed freezing issue.

I am still having to remove the dash panel and unplug the unit otherwise it stays on and would drain the battery

Thanks AJW

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”