New Pumpkin 10.1 DAB Problem

Welcome to share your installation experience and ideas on those car radio dvd gps stereo device

Moderators: Jammy, admin

f19ajw

New Pumpkin 10.1 DAB Problem

Postby f19ajw » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:27 pm

Pumpkin 10.1 DVD DAB WIFI Android 5.1

I have just obtained this unit and moved from Eonon because I wanted DAB.

After installing this yesterday the DAB does not function correctly, so not impressed so far.

My impression is, install a brand new unit, put everything where it is supposed to go, switch on and everything should work (Eonon always worked without any issues out of the box and I have had 6 of them).

The issue I am having after install, when I start DAB... nothing. I hit the scan button and it find a few stations, but no sound to start with.. After waiting a few minutes something came on... there was a little crackle in the background, so I press on another station... waited a minute and nothing.

Can advice on what this problem could be.

Leads are plugged into where they are suppose to be, DAB Antenna is stuck on the front inside top centre windscreen (NO I will not put this on the exterior of the vehicle, this is 2016 not 1916).

Thanks AJW

Jammy

Re: New Pumpkin 10.1 DAB Problem

Postby Jammy » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:17 am

Hi,
Could you please first tell us your order number or buyer ID?
Regarding your DAB issue, would you mind take a video to help us check?
Maybe the DAB antenna does not perform well or the DAB app on the unit has problem.
And sometime the DAB stations have relation with your local DAB signal.
Please don't worry, once we get more details about your problem, we will try to provide you positive solution.
Regards

f19ajw

Postby f19ajw » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:24 pm

Hello Jammy,

Appreciate the reply.

My order number is 100001477 ordered from www.autopumpkin.co.uk
Can you please provide me with the code to obtain the latest igo as well :-)

A video will be the same as the wording of the issue I am proving below
Switch on Car Wait for system to start
Select DAB App (note I re-installed it again from the APK file)
Nothing playing... press menu to select another station, nothing playing for 1 minute
Selected Search and waited
found stations again
select a station
crackle first like a warble noise
here music playing then stops crackles after 5 seconds
try another station nothing playing

As far as connections are concerned, all have been re-checked to ensure they are in the correct socket and the antenna is situated inside top centre of the windscreen (exterior is not an option and should not be in 2016 with technology as it is).

I can confirm the Radio is ok and does not have any issue, but I obtained this unit solely for DAB, Navigation and the Larger Screen.

If it is absolutely necessary to provide a video, please tell me exactly what you need step by step and how long video so we don't keep going backwards and forwards with addition questions.

Thanks, AJW

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:33 am

Hi,
I can understand the reason why you bought this unit.
As for the DAB not working as it suppose, really sorry about this.
I asked you provide the video about the DAB problem, that's what the factory technician want.
If you don't mind, please record a video, just like what you described in last thread, about 3 minutes enough.
Regards

f19ajw

Postby f19ajw » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:55 am

Morning Jammy,

Link to video is

Decryption key send to you in private message

Thanks, AJW

f19ajw

Postby f19ajw » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:18 pm

Nearly two week and no solution?

Anyone know what the issue could be.

Thanks AJW

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:40 am

Hi,
Sorry for the late reply due to the National Day.
We had sent your video to the factory, they need some time to reply.
If we can not provide you the new DAB app or the update firmware to solve the problem, hope you can return both the unit and the DAB box back to China, we will cover the postage, cause we need it to check and improve the DAB module, hope your understanding.
And please don't worry, we will send you a new same unit from the UK warehouse.
Regards

f19ajw

Postby f19ajw » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:44 am

Hello, Jammy thanks for the reply.

Due to the length of time in delay for reply, I have gone to further expense in obtaining a more suitable up to date antenna that is also powered rather than replying on the supply from the unit.

The signal is definitely better, which tells be if definitely was an issue with the original dab antenna provided with the unit.

The only issue now seems to be that it does go off sometimes and back on at no specific time, which indicates it is an issue with the actual DAB module.

Please advise.

AJW

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:31 am

Hi,
Sorry for the trouble brought to you.
With respect of your description, the issue first was caused by the DAB antenna.
And for the only left issue, it maybe the DAB module or the DAB app issue.
Cause we can only check the issue through the description and the video, we can hardly test the new product unit and DAB box to find solution for you.
If you don't mind, you can flash the unit to check, here is the latest firmware for your unit RQ0265. Hope some help.
https://mega.nz/#!ZYFCGIZY!vlVpc2S_zPiz ... xD2mRZkC60
Regards

f19ajw

Postby f19ajw » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:23 am

Thanks you for the reply Jammy,

Can you please confirm that the image is definitely for my system which is the "11-RQ0265E-UK-A" as I noted that someone else on here was given the wrong language image.

Can you please provide the flash procedure.

Also, I sent private message to request IGO Map update decryption key as my maps on this NEW system are 2015-Q2 which are definitely out of date.

Thanks, AJW

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”