OBDII pairing doesnt work on AE0273B

Mainly focus on other Accessories issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
haze907

OBDII pairing doesnt work on AE0273B

Postby haze907 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:41 pm

Hello,

I bought a Pumpkin AE0273B and installed it without any problems in my car.
But I cannot pair my OBDII dongle with the AE0273B.

I changed the password to 1234 (the right code for the dongle), then I searched for bluetooth devices.
The AE0273B finds the dongle (displayed as "V-LINK") but when I tap on it and tap on the connect/pair icon nothing happens.

The OBDII dongle pairs just fine with my old Samsung Galaxy Ace and the AE0273B pairs just fine with my iphone5.

I restarted the HeadUnit several times and unpaired all devices but nothing changed.

The OBDII dongle I use is this one:

I bought the AE0273B on ebay.de from the seller "star_cardvd" (173175040338):

I thought about getting the pumpkin OBDII dongle but I had seen threads with people having the same problem with that one.

So, what can I do to pair the dongle with the HeadUnit successful?
This is an essential feature for me!

Best regards
haze907

Jammy

Re: OBDII pairing doesnt work on AE0273B

Postby Jammy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:22 am

Hi,
cause your OBD device isn't from us and we also didn't tested this OBD ,so there might exist some compatibility issue while connecting .
However ,i think you still need to first check whether you connect them correctly. Here is an article you can refer to .
http://www.autopumpkin.com/forum/viewto ... f=14&t=847
if above suggestion doesn't help,i suggest you contact our pumpkin customer service to get our own OBD device which suits the unit AE0273
Regards

haze907

Postby haze907 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:16 pm

Hello again,

I had tried everything with my OBDII dongle to pair to the HeadUnit. Nothing had worked for me.
At last I bought a Pumpkin OBDII dongle and it pairs without a problem.
I think its a problem with your Bluetooth module in the HeadUnit because every other device I tested could pair with my old OBDII dongle.
I am happy that it works now. A little bit dissapointing is the size of your OBDII dongle. Its five times bigger than my old one.
Nevertheless thank you for your help!

Best regards
haze907

roscored

Postby roscored » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:44 am

Does the phone connect as well, or just one at a time?

Aynrandless

Postby Aynrandless » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:38 pm

Hello,

i have exactly the same problem. Bought a brand new AE0273B with Android 8.0. Pairing with smartphones (Honor 6x and Huawei) works, with other bluetooth devices not. I tried several ODB2-Adapters (some showing as V-Link, one a ODBLink LX) but when I try to pair/connect them nothing happens.

So I think it is a general problem with the bluetooth-link software implemented.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:16 am

Hi all ,about this issue ,you can contact the pumpkin customer service or write to support@autopumpkin.com.
You need to tell them your order number or ebay id so that they can confirm your unit . i suggest you show them an short video to help them understand your query and find the cause.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Accessories”