3G dongle and new image or mcu update

Mainly focus on other Accessories issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
alexandros

3G dongle and new image or mcu update

Postby alexandros » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:41 pm

Hello,

I have purchased a pumpkin unit for my ford focus 2007 car from amazon , Order # 204-8275063-6710728
The unit model should be the SKU:11-RQ0546-UK-A
The installation went smoothly and the wheel buttons work o.k.

The main problem I have is that 3G dongle is not stable. That means that sometimes it won't connect or sometimes it will lose the connection although the dongle seems connected. I have also tried with another 3g dongle, Huawei E173 but I have similar problems.

Is there any update on my firmware or mcu?
This is my firmware
MCU VERSION
MTCC-KLD6-V2.97
AUG 2 2016 10:35:08
Build
rk3188-userdebug22082016.17:46:35

Also:
Is there a way to reset the USB without having to physically detach it and attach it again from the usb port? That would help.

Thanks in advance
Attachments
IMG_20161117_143922.jpg
IMG_20161117_143922.jpg (2.23 MiB) Viewed 2221 times

Jammy

Re: 3G dongle and new image or mcu update

Postby Jammy » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:07 am

Hi,
For the 3G dongle unstable issue, it may have relation with the local 3G wireless network status.
There is a new update firmware, you can try to install it to check, hope some help.
https://mega.nz/#!lFVVWS7Q!WvezHo2glWLu ... BNYnqVArUE
For the USB reset, could you please tell us if you have problem about the USB connection?
This unit can support to play music or video and install third party apps through USB.
Regards

alexandros

Postby alexandros » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:25 am

Hello,

I will check the new image. Is there any changes log for this image?

For the usb, I would need that for actually resetting the 3g dongle. Other than this the usb works perfectly.

Thanks.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:36 am

Hi,
Sorry for the late reply due to the weekend.
You can check the change logo for the Build number after you install the update firmware.
For the usb, you can change the 3G dongle to the other USB cable. It's possible that the 3G network receiving by the unit have a little unstable problem, sorry about this.
Regards

Fixedfixer

Postby Fixedfixer » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:12 pm

My 3G dongle shows up on the head unit in terms of the signal indicator and the words 3G next to it. When I go to wifi settings I don't see it there as an option. So I get the signal strong but don't seem to be able to use it. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I have 'unmounted' the sim / dongle and remounted in the other USB - but still same. Dongle is recognized by head unit in bar showing signal strength which is good. Just doesn't show up in wifi for me to tell head unit to connect via 3G when no wifi available.

EDIT 2: I have tried the dongle in my laptop following Jammy's video tutorial and it doesn't work there either. I have put my sim card into a mobile phone and that works fine there. Could it be a faulty dongle?

See photo showing signal strength.
Attachments
suzuki.JPG
suzuki.JPG (36.44 KiB) Viewed 2157 times

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:02 am

Hi,
The head unit will connect to internet when it recognize the 3G dongle and show the full signal indicator bar.
You don't need to set it from the wifi settings, just close the wifi option.
And normally if the sim card work well with your smartphone, then it should work with your laptop when you try.
So it's possible that the 3G dongle is broken, you can contact our customer service to get a new one.
Or please write to this support email "support@autopumpkin.com"
Regards

Fixedfixer

Postby Fixedfixer » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:28 am

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Accessories”