3G dongle works after app install or delete

Mainly focus on other Accessories issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Maron

3G dongle works after app install or delete

Postby Maron » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:31 am

I have an issue with the Pumpkin 3G dongle on an Pumpkin car radio (ND0288B, px3 7.1.2 NHG47L eng hct 20180416.134332).

Good case:
Sometimes when I turn on the radio after a short time (30s to 1 minute) the mobile network symbol shows up on the radio's status bar with a "3G" and internet is available.
Checking with a USB tool app on the radio the 3G stick is visible to Andriod (VID and PID are shown, which are not when the stick is removed).
Using a sim tool app it shows information about the sim card.

Bad case:
It also happens that this symbol does not show up. The LEDs on the 3G stick are blinking slowly (connected to the mobile network ?), no internet available.
Checking with the USB tool app the 3G stick is visible - like in the good case above.
But using the sim tool app it does not show any sim card information.

I found out that the mobile network symbol comes back when I install or remove any (non-specific) app from anrdoid.
(no reboot nor re-connection of the 3G stick required. The symbol appears directly after or even during the installation / removal of the app).

Anyone else can see this effect ?
Can You please tell me what is going on during install / removal of an app that might cause the re-appearance of the mobile network symbol (and the internet connection) ?

Is there a firmware update available for my device that might solve this issue ?

BTW: I am living in Austria. The dongle works fine with Yesss! sim card (using A1 network) but not with Hot (using T-mobile network).

Thank You.
BR,
Maron.

Jammy

Re: 3G dongle works after app install or delete

Postby Jammy » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:42 am

Hi,
thanks for telling these information. I reflected to our engineers and hope they can find any cause of this strange issue. Once any solution, i will reply you here again.
Regards

Maron

Postby Maron » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:05 pm

I found out that I can bring back the 3G functionality by just starting the "apkinstaller" app coming with the Pumpkin car radio.
It looks like that the "unknown sources" from settings -> security has to be enabled.
So no need to install or de-install any app. Maybe this helps to find the root cause.

johnk21

Postby johnk21 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:01 am

It didn't help me.
Looking for answers.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:51 am

Hi all, any query about the 3G dongle , you can contact the pumpkin customer service or write to support@autopumpkin.com .
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Accessories”