Help pls Major ND0286B-A02 and Y0013 fitting issue

Mainly focus on other Accessories issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
hamishnotshamus

Help pls Major ND0286B-A02 and Y0013 fitting issue

Postby hamishnotshamus » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:38 pm

Hi, I have recently joined the ranks and purchased a Pumpkin Android 8.0 Double Din Head Unit, model ND0286B-A02 to fit this to my car, i bought a car specific double din facia and the pumpkin Y0013 mounting cage

I have had to shave away on the plastic housing to make things fit but the metal part of the stereo will squeeze into so far due to the head unit's front screen plastic mounting being 182mm by 104mm it's being almost imposible to fit into the mounting cage

is there a specific mount for the ND0286B-A02 or is there anyway to make the Y0013 work with it.. or can you advise on a mount that will allow the extra size

the mounting brackets cannot be fitted as they are meant to

and with the larger fron the cage will not slip on fully

as you will see from this pic the streo front has a larger size than most of 182mm * 104mm way bigger than standard iso

Jammy

Re: Help pls Major ND0286B-A02 and Y0013 fitting issue

Postby Jammy » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:25 am

Hi,
install way.png
install way.png (531.6 KiB) Viewed 2881 times

hamishnotshamus

Postby hamishnotshamus » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:35 pm

Hi jammy

the clips have got to be put on in a certain way so they clip into the frame and lock into place.. here's how they should look

I did think about giving up and not using the clips but as you can see from the second image i posted the cage will not fit on all the way, so the stereo hangs out the front of my dash...

Quite simply there is no way of using this or any double din frame with this stereo as the stereo plastic front is 184mm.. thats 3 mm over the standard for double din

hamishnotshamus

Postby hamishnotshamus » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:04 pm

it's not possible to install the metal peices as you suggest in the opposite way, these need to go in as picured in the install instructions so they align with screw holes and allow to securely mount in to the frame

I did think about doind away with the clips and using the cage on it's own but there is no way to secure the stereo also as I showed in the pictures it does not fit fully in, leaving about 3 cm of stereo not in the cage. with this not fully in the cage it is insecure and hangs out of my dash looking stupid

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:48 am

Hi , you can refer to this video to install the install frame .
https://youtu.be/DmArkyCgR6A
If there is still a little loose , you can squeeze something between the mount cage and the unit to fix it.
More query , you can also show me an video . It is direct and helpful for me to understand your query well .
Regards

hamishnotshamus

Postby hamishnotshamus » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:41 am

Hi, thanks for posting the video, it does suggest that you can use the cage on it's own however when I try this the cage will not go past the plastic front panel on the stereo where the 2 screws are holding the front on.. can i ask what model you used in your video ?

also can i ask using this cage only method how you secure the stereo in place to stop it being stolen easily an rattling around.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:05 am

Hi,
the unit i showed you is AE0273 which has the same dimension with yours ND0286.
I hope you also show me an video so that i can confirm which part go wrong .
In addition , it will be also ok if you have other way to fix the unit to stop it being stolen easily an rattling around .
Regards

hamishnotshamus

Postby hamishnotshamus » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:20 pm

Hi, I have watched your video and it does show you getting past the initial screws but even in the video you cant get it on fully in, the cage stops about 2.3cm from the front of the unit and there is a black area left to the front. if you look at the pic i have attached the cage should go all the way to the blue lines so that it fits flush within a cars dash. if you did it the way you have shown in the video then the stereo is hangin out the front of the dash but 2-3 cm

Forgetting the issue of it hangin out how are your meant to secure the stereo in place none of the screw holes match up.

I would say ask you to check actually fitting this into a car dash to see what I mean, also if you can check the size of the unit your testing with against the ND0286B-02 it may only be 1-2 mm out but I was getting stuck at the screws and my cage would not go past any of the plastic at all.

The only way I have been able to get this into my car is with the use of a dremel metal cutter, cutting the box marked in red out of both sides. this allows the unit to fit all the way to the blue line as it should and as there was no way for me to screw in I have had to use some duck tape as a temp measure. not nice but it's hidden so should be ok short term.

I am not saying all this to be annoying our complain, just give you a heads up that your selling a unit to big for your own cage

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:10 am

Hi,
sorry for the late reply due to the Chinese National Day holiday.
First,normally the cage just should go over the screw and needn't to get to the blue wire you labelled and then works well . About your issue, you said that in this case ,the stereo is hangin out the front of the dash but 2-3 cm. Could you show me an picture about this ? Also tell me your car model number will be better.
Second,i also tested the model ND0286, and the cage is able to go over the screw.About your issue, you can try to use a screwdriver to make the cage go over the screw or change the screw which has a smaller and more flat hat. There might exits personal cage which dimension is smaller than the normal one .Hope your kind understandings.
Regards.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Accessories”