3G dongle

Mainly focus on other Accessories issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

Fixedfixer

Re: 3G dongle

Postby Fixedfixer » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:23 am

Pumpkin sales have been in contact to confirm they are posting out a new 3G Dongle. Will be giving that a try. Can't fault the service from Pumpkin - they have been very helpful on this and my reverse came issues.

I'll keep posting as these posts will help other users should they experience similar problems.

randelld

Postby randelld » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:31 am

My cables are just flopping about in the foot well.
I think my blue lights are on permanently.
Try this:

Remove dongle and any USN sticks.
Start stereo until it is fully on, then plug in dongle. Give it a few minutes and then visit play store. At one point mine did say registering......

Fixedfixer

Postby Fixedfixer » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:06 am

Ta, I'll have a go later and also try out the replacement 3G Dongle when it turns up. Rest of the Head Unit features all seem to work fine. Happy with rest of it.
Just out of interest what sim provider are you using? I'm using GiffGaff data sim at £5 per month for just data usage.

randelld

Postby randelld » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:29 pm

I'm using 3 Mobile Broadband only sim £8 per month

Hope you get it sorted

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:07 am

Hi,
There are some different 3G sim card suppliers from different areas, which may don't support the WCDMA network.
So please contact the 3 mobile broadband customer service to check.
Regards

Fixedfixer

Postby Fixedfixer » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:12 am

Hi Jammy, the replacement dongle has arrived and I have been supplied a new 3G sim from my network operator. I'm still not getting an internet connection.
I've tried both USB/3G ports on the cable
I've replaced both dongle and sim
There is no block on my sim for 3G data
I've got a good signal in centre of a city
I've opened up the portable wifi hotspot as per instructions and added detail to the only fields available.

See two photo's attached. Still no internet. PS the blue lights on the dongle 'slowly flash repeatedly' rather than constant on or rapid flash.
Attachments
suzuki 2.JPG
suzuki 2.JPG (38.5 KiB) Viewed 2323 times
suzuki 1.JPG
suzuki 1.JPG (37.63 KiB) Viewed 2323 times

Fixedfixer

Postby Fixedfixer » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:00 am

Yes, we have internet! Thanks to @Jammy and @Randelld for all the help. Also thanks to Lucky the UK distributor who supplied a new dongle free of charge.
I'd really like to post an explanation as to how I got this working but I had the same experience as randelld - as I drove to work this morning I noticed the full signal and 3G, clicked on the browser and look what popped up..... Cheers everyone. I'm happy now. PS UK GiffGaff Sims work fine.
Attachments
Success.JPG
Success.JPG (32.84 KiB) Viewed 2319 times

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:55 am

Hi,
Glad to hear it work.
Thanks in advance for your experience about how to get the 3G internet work on our unit.
Regards

Chris65

Postby Chris65 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:59 pm

hi. bei mir geht der dongl am pc einwandfrei. wenn ich in Radio einsteck bekomm ich Nachricht "sie können sd karte entfernen. Internetverbindung krieg ich nicht hin. bekomm nicht mal signalanzeige. blaues licht blinkt langsam. ist T-Mobile Daten Sim. mfg chris

Fixedfixer

Postby Fixedfixer » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:00 am

Just a follow up, the new 3G Dongle work really well on the UK's Giffgaff sim (which runs off the O2 network). Only minor issue I have found is that when I've been out of signal range for a while, it doesn't seem to automatically pick up a new strong signal unless I unplug the dongle then immediately plug it back in. I wonder if there is a setting that will make this happen automatically as I pass in and out of signal range on long journeys.

Other than that I'm really pleased with everything.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Accessories”