Reversing camera

Mainly focus on other Accessories issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Flashtek

Reversing camera

Postby Flashtek » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:54 pm

What are the requirements for the Reversing camera? I am trying to find one in the style I want, but not being able to find what's needed.

Also are there any issues, on a BMW E39, of splicing in to the Reversing light for power? I am aware the car has its own light control module and don't want to upset things.

Thanks

Neil

Jammy

Re: Reversing camera

Postby Jammy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:46 am

Hi,
Could you please first tell us your order number or buyer ID?
This information is very important for us to provide you accurate and positive solution.
For the reversing camera, you can go to our another forum about how to use the aftermarket reversing camera.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=22
Regards

Flashtek

Postby Flashtek » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:25 pm

My buyer ID is stonetrinityltd

Fixedfixer

Postby Fixedfixer » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:39 am

Has the E39 got a lighter socket in the boot area? My both old E46 and E91 did. If so, then your best bet is to take a feed for power off that. Use a relay and have the activation by the reverse light - only powers when you select reverse. If you take a camera power feed direct of the reverse light it's possible you will get interference on your camera monitor in the form of lines across the screen.

Flashtek

Postby Flashtek » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:03 pm

Hi,

Yes there is a lighter socket in the boot, I will see if I can come up with some plan of how to use that and a relay as you suggest. I was hoping to get some little gem of information, thanks for that.

I just need to ascertain the requirements (and how I would get the wiring in place) for the camera and I should be well away.

Neil

Fixedfixer

Postby Fixedfixer » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:36 pm

Neil, I googled reverse camera wiring diagrams and that gave me sufficient info on how to wire the relay. Buy a fused relay, replace stock fuse with something like a 3 amp as camera uses very little power. it's easier than you think to wire it up. Good luck.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Accessories”