Front camera not working

Mainly focus on other Accessories issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
RGN01

Front camera not working

Postby RGN01 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:26 am

I am configuring my new Pumpkin CN01-02306B-02A unit and cannot get the front camera to work. Please can you help me get it sorted?

I am using a Pumpkin Y0805 for a reverse camera and that works correctly. The front camera is a Pumpkin Backup Camera (the one with the lens in the centre and an LED each side).

Both cameras work when plugged into the backup camera RCA socket. Neither camera works when plugged into the front camera RCA socket so I'm confident that it is not a camera fault. This leaves the cable or the head unit as the potential problem areas. I've continuity checked the cables from the plug to the RCA sockets and they are all good (but without a pinout diagram I am unable to confirm correct assembly) so I fear that my head unit may be faulty and I may have to return it.

During testing I did manage to get a USB front camera working when I set the front camera type to USB in the Factory Settings menu. The quality was so poor it is not a viable option but at least it proves that the application I was using to test with worked OK.

What more can I check? Is there a setting that I must change?

Please help.

Thanks.

Richard

Jammy

Re: Front camera not working

Postby Jammy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:42 am

Hi?
Could you show me some pictures about the front camera,the front camera RCA socket and the connection way?
Please first tell me your order number in amazon or buyer id in ebay,Pumpkin or AliExpress so that we can confirm more information about your unit and provide you positive solutions.
Regards

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:11 am

Hi,
the DVR app only recognize from the USB port.You can referring to the DVR camera Y0020.
Regards

RGN01

Postby RGN01 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:48 pm

Thanks, Jammy. Is it possible that this will be changed in a future firmware upgrade, perhaps?

Richard

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:52 am

Hi,
haha,it seems no.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Accessories”