Dial and text with 3g dongle and active SIM

Mainly focus on other Accessories issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

simplymarkb

Re: Dial and text with 3g dongle and active SIM

Postby simplymarkb » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:29 pm

I have seen video of this windows driver in use but I can't find a single download or even a NAME for this driver. Does anyone have this info? I have the Pumkin 3G usb dongle and a T-Mobile WCDMA sim and even though it shows bars on my headunit, I don't see a 3G symbol and I have absolutely NO data which is very frustrating. I would hate to think I made a bad purchase.

stankewj

Postby stankewj » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:27 am

I understand that you need a 3G SIM which is old technology that is very difficult to find and get a cellular service provider to activate. I use my dingle simply for the SD card reader. Never could activate 3G service.

Fixedfixer

Postby Fixedfixer » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:22 am

Just noticed this thread. I am using the dongle and use a standard GiffGaff Sim. It is 4G but all SIMs are backwards compatible. I did not have to get the provider GiffGaff do activate anything.
The dongle however only works in a strong signal area. I was trying mine out in the country and had problems but when parked up in the city the 3G icon come up about a minute after turning the Android head unit on.
Yes the 3G is old technology but it does still work with the head unit that Pumpkin sold me. My only issue is that the dongle does not seem to look for a signal on a constant basis i.e. if you drive out of range and then back into a signal range the dongle has to be unplugged to get the new signal. That's not so good when driving down the motorway and wanting the signal for Google sat nav maps and traffic updates.

Hope this helps

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Accessories”