Dial and text with 3g dongle and active SIM

Mainly focus on other Accessories issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

stankewj

Dial and text with 3g dongle and active SIM

Postby stankewj » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:42 pm

I received the 3g dongle from Pumpkin without instructions and activated a SIM card which allowed me to join the hotspot after I installed them. How do I make phone calls and text? There is no app for either.

I have the 7" ANDROID 4.4.4 without DVD unit.

Jammy

Re: Dial and text with 3g dongle and active SIM

Postby Jammy » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:00 am

Hi, about the 3G dongle, if you want to use it on our pumpkin unit, please check if you get a 3G Internet WCDMA SIM card from your local, because our radio can only support 3G WCDMA signal.
You need to connect the 3G dongle to the rear USB port,and turn on the unit, wait for a few minutes, then check if you can find the 3G signal icon on the screen.
The 3G dongle does not support to make call and text. You can make call via bluetooth on the unit.
Regards

stankewj

Postby stankewj » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:45 am

The 3g dongle is advertised as GSM and shows the applicable frequencies it supports. IMEI of the dongle only allows a GSM SIM to be activated. A tried a WCDMA SIM first and it will not activate with the IMEI of the dongle provided. A GSM SIM did activate. And a hotspot activated on the ANDROID unit.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:31 am

Hi, if you bought the 3G dongle from us, the network band work with the 3G dongle is WCDMA, could you please check the below link?

http://www.autopumpkin.com/android-3g-u ... layer.html

You can try to insert the WCDMA sim card into the 3G dongle, then check if it work on your PC.
It's possible that the GSM is not compatible with 3G dongle or the 3G dongle is not compatible with the unit you bought from other sellers.
Regards

stankewj

Postby stankewj » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:05 am

I bought the 3g dongle from autopumpkin.com using the link you reference. I bought the Pumpkin 7" ANDROID unit from Amazon.com. Notice the linked webpage for the 3g dongle says "GSM", not "CDMA" or "WCDMA". And advertises "Supports data/SMS/Voice functions/Phonebook
. Support call and receive calls". Why do you say it does NOT when the 3g dongle details says it does?

I called my cell service provider and they activated the 3g dongle IMEI on GSM cell service. When the radio turns on it says "Restrictions changed" " All Voice services disabled." "Emergency services disabled." "Data services disabled."

Please post a video of the 3g dongle being installed and working on the 7" ANDROID 4.4.4 unit.

stankewj

Postby stankewj » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:01 am

Please post a video demonstrating (Tips: Before you insert the sim-card to the dongle,please remove the pin-check /disable pin from your sim-card.)

And tell what WCDMA cell services are in Detroit, Michigan, United States that are compatible with the 3g dongle.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:00 am

Hi, about the 3g dongle, you can try to use it on your PC, you can check the below video for your reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUE4Rqmkei8

About the 3G dongle function from our website, you can use it with your phone or PC, cause our unit only support the 3G dongle with WCMDA 3G sim card. According to your description from your cell service, it must the GMS sim card not compatible with our unit.
Normally before inserting the 3G WCDMA sim card into the 3G dongle, we need to plug the 3G dongle with sim card to your PC and remove the pin-check /disable pin from your sim-card.
Cause different areas have different cell service and notwork band, we can hardly give the details about the compatible cell service around the world.
But we will submit your suggest to factory and hope they can provide us these information you need.
Regards

stankewj

Postby stankewj » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:54 am

The 3g dongle setup in the video shows the driver being loaded from a CD. How can I get the driver?

If the 3g dongle only supports data connections and not voice or SMS or text or send and receive calls, then you need to correct the 3g dongle details to "only data connections are made with the 3g dongle. NO VOICE, SMS, OR TEXT!"

I will try the PC setup of the dongle once I get the driver.

I appreciate your quick reply and assistance.

stankewj

Postby stankewj » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:03 pm

I see that autopumpkin updated the webpage for the 3g dongle to reflect what you said in your reply. That it only supports a 3g WCDMA SIM. The claims for the ability to make and receive phone calls, SMS/text is also removed.

I am finding that 3g SIMS are very rare due to being old technology. Are there plans for a 4G radio dongle in the future?

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:59 am

Hi, cause currently only a few customer use the 3G dongle, and normally the android radio have the built in wifi, the radio can connect to the internet with the wifi signal or hot spot from the smartphone. About the 4G radio dongle, we will try to release this new unit in the future.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Accessories”