installation of reversing camera

Mainly focus on other Accessories issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

Fixedfixer

Re: installation of reversing camera

Postby Fixedfixer » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:10 pm

I added a Pumpkin reverse camera and used the trigger wire. It worked for a while but now I get a warning triangle when I select reverse, so has my camera died or do I need to check the wires. Like I say it was working so I assume I've got all wire connected correctly.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:48 am

Hi,
Could you please tell us the order number?
Regarding the reverse camera issue, firstly you need to check if the unit can still come to reverse when you put your car into reverse.
You may don't used the trigger wire, just make the reverse camera get power, and input the reverse camera video into the unit through the RCA Video in Port, then go to the AV in on the unit to check if the unit will display the back image of the car when you select reverse.
If it's really our reverse camera broken, we can send you a new one. Please don't worry about this.
Regards

Fixedfixer

Postby Fixedfixer » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:37 am

I have sent a PM to Jammy with my Amazon order number. I am impressed by the customer service and help to try to resolve this issue. Also good to have the offer of a new replacement if it is required. I am going to remove all the panels in the car boot to ensure it is not just a wire that has come apart.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:01 am

Hi,
Sorry for the late reply due to the different timezone and working time.
I had received your PM, once you finish the checking, please tell us the result there or through PM.
We will give you the best solution.
Regards

Fixedfixer

Postby Fixedfixer » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:26 am

Hi Jammy,

I have taken the car to bits to check every cable and still have the problem. I can sometimes get a picture but when I select reverse for a second time I get the error. Sometime it is always the error triangle.

I have tried without the trigger wire and this does not work at all.
I have bought a new shielded RCA cable with trigger wire - no change.
The trigger wire has soldered connections to ensure they are good.
I have taken power from the Aux and wired through a relay.
Engaging reverse light opens relay power.
Have changed the relay that made no difference.
Checked earth to ensure good power to camera.
I can confirm I have connected the RCA to the correct video in for reverse camera on head unit.

I think maybe the camera is faulty? Is the firm ware in the head unit good to support your camera?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Fixedfixer

Postby Fixedfixer » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:35 pm

Jammy Have attached a few images of what I see, sometimes it is a poor picture - most of the time I get that triangle. Advice on what's going on would be appreciated.
Attachments
cam3 - Copy.JPG
cam3 - Copy.JPG (36.39 KiB) Viewed 2271 times
cam2 - Copy.JPG
cam2 - Copy.JPG (43.01 KiB) Viewed 2271 times
cam1 - Copy.JPG
cam1 - Copy.JPG (37.52 KiB) Viewed 2271 times

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:56 am

Hi,
I contacted my amazon customer service colleague, she will arrange to send you a new same camera to you.
And we need to check the address information, but it's not safe to post it here.
So I will send you the address information to confirm via PM.
Please check it.
Any further question, please contact us freely.
Regards

Fixedfixer

Postby Fixedfixer » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:48 am

Success - I have a working reverse camera. Thanks to Jammy forum admin here and one of the UK based suppliers (Lucky), a new camera was sent for me to try. Managed to strip the car down for a third time - gets easier once you know how all the panels are removed. First thing I noticed was the new camera was very slightly different (see photo). I'd also read that some interference could possibly be caused by poor quality cable - so I'd bought shielded RCA cable with trigger wire off Amazon. I thought it would be worth having that too as it wasn't that expensive (£6.00). Wired everything up and did a quick test and had a working camera. This time a clear picture every time the reverse gear is engaged. I then hid all the cables and refitted the head unit. I then tried the camera at night and found I had a clear black and white image - something I'd not had before with the old camera (which was just black at night - when it actually worked).
So there we have it, I'm sure the first camera that was supplied was not as good quality and certainly didn't work properly. Maybe my new shielded cable helps too. I'll go back and update my Amazon review to reflect my experience. I have to say the help and support from both this forum (Jammy) and the supplier in the UK (Lucky) has been excellent. Hope this helps anyone else who might have problems.
Attachments
Rev Cam.JPG
Rev Cam.JPG (40.58 KiB) Viewed 2230 times

Fixedfixer

Postby Fixedfixer » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:05 am

Final photo here of the working camera. I noticed the red / yellow / green guide lines are slightly different too - but that's not a problem.
Attachments
Rev Cam 1.JPG
Rev Cam 1.JPG (36.71 KiB) Viewed 2230 times

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:20 am

Hi,
Glad to hear you received the new camera and make it work well.
Thank you very much for your good review and helpful experience about the reverse camera installation.
We will keep to improve our customer service and perfect our product quality to satisfy more people in need.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Accessories”