App install limit - 1gb storage

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Basherwalls

App install limit - 1gb storage

Postby Basherwalls » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:49 pm

Hi running the Ford Dab android unit and the current 4.4.4 firmware has a 1gb limit for storing apps despite the larger internal storage size.
I know I can send some apps to SD card (internal storage) but I am now at the point that I cannot install any more apps to the head unit without uninstalling something.
If the internal storage was split a bit better it would be far better - say 4gb for installs and the rest for internal storage.
I know this is possible as i have seen updates to other android tablets etc reconfigure the partition to make it more usable.
I love the head unit but feel i have now reached the limits of potential which really should not be the case.

Is there any way we can alter the partition, or is it something that is planned for a firmware upgrade?
As much as having lollipop os would be great, just having KitKat os with a better partition would easily suit all the users needs far more.
thanks

Andy

Re: App install limit - 1gb storage

Postby Andy » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:46 am

Hi there
Really sorry for replying you late, cause I was ill and rest in hospital where there is no internet for right ear surgery, and my colleague forget to reply you here, hope you can understand!
I do really appreciated your feedback, but we are not able to expand the RAM my friend, because the factory designed like that. But they will release new item which with bigger RAM storage in the furture, please pay attention to our news on website!
Best Regards!

hitchy

Postby hitchy » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:50 am

Here is a good point to start:

I had the same problem. Now using Malaysk ROM that has a better memory management.
It makes better use of your internal NAND memory.
Greets from Germany

*** Pumpkin in action on ***

Basherwalls

Postby Basherwalls » Mon May 02, 2016 10:05 pm

I know how to flash a rom but I would worry it may not work with being a random guess on which device i have.
Would be easier if Pumkin just allowed us to install to the SD as standard.
I know Marshmallow android allows that but suspect the device will never see Lollipop, let alone Marshmallow

Basherwalls

Postby Basherwalls » Mon May 02, 2016 11:21 pm

Done some research, can you run through the process of how to upgrade?
I am guessing, I need to root first
Then download the right mcu and latest Malaysk rom for my device C0543 which seems to be the RK3188 and the 800x480 resolution according to the pumpkin website.
Then put into recovery and install the update rom

is that about right?

tjosan

Postby tjosan » Tue May 03, 2016 6:41 am

Basherwalls

Postby Basherwalls » Thu May 05, 2016 11:08 pm

Cheers all done.
The latest rom allows for all of your storage to be used for app installs.
Now the limit is a thing of the past.
Just have one small issue with the music app not finding my sd card music files, but many other music apps to choose from.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Android System”