Wifi won't connect

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ober9000

Wifi won't connect

Postby ober9000 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:27 pm

I have been the owner of one of your car radios for about 4 months.
It's great except for one thing, the Wifi connection is "buggy".
To be precise the part where it is supposed to establish a connection.

If I don't have the hotspot turned on on my phone before the radio starts up it won't automaticly connect to it.
But even if I do have it turned on, there is still like a 25% chance that it still won't.
It also won't connect if I pull the black bar from the top, and click on my SSID in the list under Wifi.
I have to go into Settings > Wifi and click on it there.
Even then it sometimes won't work. It will attempt to connect and fail every few seconds.
Only way I got it out of that state is either turn the radio off and on again, or connect to a different Wifi and then mine again.

Once the connection is established everything is fine.
The data transfer rates are fine, and the signal level is fine too.
Yes the Wifi antenna is attached.

The fact that just connecting to a different wifi and back solves the problem makes me think that is an software issue.
Any idea how I can fix this?

Device in question:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0776V ... UTF8&psc=1
(PUMPKIN Android 7.1 Octa Core Autoradio Multimedia Player 32GB + 2GB für Opel Astra Corsa Zafira Vivaro Meriva Vectra mit GPS Navi unterstützt Bluetooth WLAN DAB+ Subwoofer USB MicroSD 7 Zoll)

Jammy

Re: Wifi won't connect

Postby Jammy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:48 am

Hi,
you can try to forget or delete the wifi connection record or reset the unit. Any query ,you can contact the pumpkin customer service or write to support@utopumpkin.com .
Regards

ober9000

Re: Wifi won't connect

Postby ober9000 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:29 am

I deleted and readded the Wifi connection, I'll see if it work.
Pretty sure I did it before but let's see.

For reference here is what it does when it won't connect:
https://youtu.be/9DCJVZ6A-k0

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Android System”