BMW E46 Android 8.0 GPS does not work after 30 minutes and 3G just sometimes

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Cullmann

BMW E46 Android 8.0 GPS does not work after 30 minutes and 3G just sometimes

Postby Cullmann » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:20 pm

Hi everybody,

I have the new Pumpkin Android 8.0 bought for my BMW E46 and it looks like everything works fine, except for GPS and 3G.

My GPS works fine for about 30 minutes, after that it appear and dissapear a few times, and after that, it is gone. What can I do?

3G just random works sometimes for a few minutes, but most of the time is does not. ( It is not about the signal, I have no sign in the top, so it is like the 3G stick is not plugged in, but he is. Plug off and plugin does not work) What can I do?

Cullmann

Re: BMW E46 Android 8.0 GPS does not work after 30 minutes and 3G just sometimes

Postby Cullmann » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:20 am

Hi everybody,

so one year is gone, there is no solution for it and no useful help at all, neither in the forum nor through support.

Thank you Pumpkin for nothing, I will put that crap in the garbage.

Jammy

Re: BMW E46 Android 8.0 GPS does not work after 30 minutes and 3G just sometimes

Postby Jammy » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:47 am

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, because the person who managed this forum resigned.
You can try to replace the GPS antenna locally.
And as the 3G, you can try a WiFidongle, such as HUAWEI E8372.

Thank you
Jammy

Cullmann

Postby Cullmann » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:06 pm

Hi,

after approximately 100 mails, Pumpkin has send me a new GPS antenna and this one works fine, so that problem is solved one year later.

Pumpkin support also told me to buy this huawei wifi dongle. But it is not shown as native 3G device. They told me I should connect to the WLAN hotspot this Stick is creating. But this is not as it is supposed to be. My Pumpkin radio thinks I am in WLAN and have endless data, which don't because I am actually on 3G, but the radio can not differentiate.

I wrote that again to the support and they told me to buy another Stick, which I will not do, because this stupid Stick did cost more than 50 Euro and I do not see why I have to pay all that money, if it is not my fault.

I am really sick of this product and of this support which is the worst I have ever seen. Don't mind, I will throw it away

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Android System”