iGO sat nav

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
autocolor

iGO sat nav

Postby autocolor » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:55 am

Having all sorts of problems with the iGO sat nav, have been in contact with your Amazon team support with no success as technical knowledge seems to be very limited, I did post yesterday but no sign of my post on the site so now trying again.

Just a couple of simple questions to start
1 What version of iGO is installed on this unit, iGO8 / iGO9 /iGO Primo ?
2 Having trouble installing Nav update from MEGA download, when re-installing app from the sd micro card screen says install failed file missing, so Nav is not fully functional, however simply inserting the micro sd with update and NOT uninstalling the app seems to work OK , so is this correct method?

My Details
Pumpkin Unit Details

Order ID 204-4459378-6155539:
1 of Pumpkin Double Din In Dash Universal Head Unit Car DVD Player GPS Sat Nav Navigation 6.95 inch Android 4.4 Multimedia System AM/FM Radio Stereo suppor [ASIN: B00OIQHZS2)

Ordered 1st October 2016 – Model no S07

iGO details 9.6.29.468978 Dec 16 . 2014 Powered by iGO Primo

Thanks

MIke.

Jammy

Re: iGO sat nav

Postby Jammy » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:08 am

Hi,
Sorry for the late reply due to the different timezone and working time.
I have replied you the other post on the site.
The factory told us that the version of iGO from us is the iGO9.
If you get a new Nav update and want to download it, please refer the below forum, hope some help.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=27
More problem about the Nav, hope you can take a short video to help us check.
Regards

autocolor

Postby autocolor » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:54 am

Thanks for finally responding to my post, unfortunately you are not understanding or answering my question.

As my post I have gone to the post topic you listed and that is the instructions I followed but with the problems I told you as follows.

Download from the Mega site onto my PC
Unzip the file to make file usable
Remove old iGO file from the micro SD card
Replace new downloaded iGO file onto SD card
Remove iGO app from unit
Insert SD card with new download
Reinstall iGO via APK installer
Get message to say install failed files missing
Maps work but with very limited functions which reduce each time I try to use the Nav

Reinstall complete old system and try again.
This time same process but install the SD card without uninstalling the app
This seems to be working but I need to know if this is the correct process as I dont want the system to fail whilst being used.

Will you please answer the question rather than keep referring me to different departments and posts.

Mike.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:14 am

Hi,
Cause the map files is a free testing version provided by the factory, I don't know the reason why there is a file missing reminder during the iGo map installing, but it does not affect the navigation software main function using.
In fact, this is an android unit, you can also use other maps, such as here maps, waze, Sygic, Google maps etc..
As you can see from our website listing for new android units, which don't include the GPS card with free maps.
Regards

autocolor

Postby autocolor » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:00 pm

OK have now after much head scratching and experimentation got the iGO Nav working and it seems to be fully functional, the comments from Pumpkin customer services and this forum have been pretty useless particularly comments like to use a different map like google.
I purchased a system that promised a GPS sat nav and that is what I expected, not to be told I need to install new versions if the iGO didn't work, especially google which requires large Data usage which is very costly, or even installing a new GPS again at my expense.
It was interesting to see below that the initial maps installed are only test maps from the factory, no wonder it only had limited functionality, its no surprise that most people with these units have been disappointed and ended up installing new software for GPS and maps.
I shall now be turning my attention to the other systems to see if I can get some improvements there, the Bluetooth seems to work well especially with the use of my original on star microphone, but the radio is pretty poor dropping stations all the time, and yes I have checked Arial etc, the system is connected exactly as the old system which was far better reception despite having odd frequencies due to being a USA import, and the music app is pretty useless showing very basic info via a USB stick so guess that will be yet another download to try and get fixed (I don't have an I phone).

All in All a very frustrating and disappointing introduction to the Pumpkin unit, I am sure the unit itself is fine and all seems to work but the software installations and lack of any knowledgeable support have made the experience very difficult.

Any advice on a good music app to download to hear my music and see good detail via the usb port would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:33 am

For the iGO sat nav, as you known, it's the free test maps provided by factory.
You may don't know the full functional maps which cost much. If you don't mind to spend more money, you can choose to other offline maps, Garmin, Kudos.
The process to install the iGo maps is explained in our another forum, and in fact, our forum write the notification, before you write a post, you can search the key words to find the information you want.
For other maps, I can provide an alternative choose for you to use other maps, hope your kind understanding.
For the third party music apps, you can try to use the Poweramp, Spotify, amazon music.
Regards

autocolor

Postby autocolor » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:12 pm

Thanks for the response, but once again you are not understanding my posts.
I was given the link to the Mega map download from your customer support, this downloaded OK but did not install correctly following the instructions as listed in your topic link viewtopic.php?f=20&t=27. As I keep telling you when the old App was deleted the new version would not install via the micro sd card containing the new download.
However inserting the micro sd card without uninstalling/deleting the old app has worked well, giving me much more functionality so it would appear your instructions in viewtopic.php?f=20&t=27 are incorrect or there is a fault with the Mega download?
All I have been asking for two weeks now is for you to explain why the download/install did not work and how to rectify.

As for searching your and other Forums I have spent hours looking there and on Google but all take me back to the same instructions that dont work, and if you look at the iGO site it says to update via Naviextra but when you get on their site it does not recognise any iGO Navs so it is impossible to register with them, tried contacting them via email and support but still awaiting a reply after over 2 weeks.

Please do not keep telling me to download a different Nav system, I purchased a unit that promised an operational Sat Nav and it did not perform correctly I am not prepared to spend another 25% of the units cost just to install a Sat Nav that works, unless of course you wish to fund this?

sonof40

Postby sonof40 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:46 pm

Just read this for the first time. Did you ever get any joy? I'm getting ready to tackle the same. Any advice?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Android System”