Issue reading files with default music app - AE0373B

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dholmaster

Issue reading files with default music app - AE0373B

Postby Dholmaster » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:59 pm

I bought 2 new Micro SD cards (64 and 128) and copied my music library across onto these.

At first the HU would not pick up any of the cards even in file explorer. I checked the format and it was Fat32.

I then formatted to NTFS and the cards were then visible in file explorer and it could play files.

However the default music was struggling to retrieve any music when both cards were inserted. If I removed the 128GB card the other 64Gb would appear and i could play files.

Files in the 128gb did not appear in the default music player however I installed VLC and KODI and that played them though VLC was taking some time to parse the files in the 128GB card.

Are the files not appearing in the default music player because of the large number of files. Will it just take time?

Why does Fat32 not work when the website says all formats are supported up to 128gb?

Are there limitations with number of files and does the directory structure make a difference? there are more nested directories on the 128GB card so I could try flattening the structure.

The default video player also struggles to find files.

Kodi and VLC work fine but they are not visible on the home. Screen.

tomaz_SI

Re: Issue reading files with default music app - AE0373B

Postby tomaz_SI » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:24 am

I have exact the same problem.

NEW 2DIN android 8.0 ND0294B-E02

2x new Transcend SD cards - formated in NTFS - half of files (mp3) are not visible in music app, but all files are visible in file explorer app - but cant play dose files - on PC all files play from the same card!

Did you find the solution?

I will try to format SD cards in ExFat file system.
Last edited by tomaz_SI on Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:32 am

Hi all, if you want the default music/video app read the music/video files from sd card, the sd card should be formated to FAT32. And insert the card into the sd slot better. Besides, the memory capacity of the sd card should be under 64 or 128GB(see in ads). As i know, the unit AE0373 should under 128GB and the unit ND0294 should under 64GB.
Regards

tomaz_SI

Postby tomaz_SI » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:14 pm

I solve the problem for me.

NEW 2DIN android 8.0.0 ND0294B-E02

I use 2x NEW 64GB Transcend 100x speed microSD cards.

Formated in ExFat as default.

Copy 55GB of music in following MAP order: (ARTIST) - (ALBUMS including albums covers) - (SONGS) etc...

In DEFAULT PUMPKING app I still see only 20% music content. No albums... only aprox. 100songs.

Then I download the Poweramp Music Player app - (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... r&hl=en_US)

Now all my music is visible, I could order files via ARTIST or via ALBUMS... And is working perfect for me.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Android System”