HD DVR Camera Question.

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
droidman2018

HD DVR Camera Question.

Postby droidman2018 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:37 pm

Hi

I tested a 1080p dash cam with microSD builtin and connected to my CN10-03304B VW Headunit.
I installed the DVR app that came with it and installed its update and it works well.

The issue I have is that if the CN10-03304B head unit is cold booting the USB cam is not detected by the headunit.
The LED on the cam comes on ok so it is getting power.
Its fine on hot boot within 10 mins.

To get it to work I have to unplug the usb from the dashcam and reconnect it again.
Then the USB icon appears on the task bar and the picture is visible in the DVR software.

a few questions.
Is there a difference between the 2 USB connections that one suits Dashcams
Whats the difference between the USB connections when 1 is for 3g ? should they not both work ?
How does the headunit detect USB devices on power up ?

I had the same issue with USB memory keys and had to stop caching spotify to the USB as it wasnt always detected.

tomaz_SI

Re: HD DVR Camera Question.

Postby tomaz_SI » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:14 am

I was having the same problem with DVR camera.

I use SYGIC navigation. The Sygic app was build in DASH CAM recorder - so I figured out that sygic was my problem. Until I disabled the DASCAM function in Sygic - my DVR cam is recognized always within 30s after coold start, and works with stock DVR app.

But I not satisfied with 720p resolution and night record picture/video Quality. I want to record in 4K quallity - but no quality USB DVR camera is compatible with pumpkin...

Regards

n0ukf

Postby n0ukf » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:26 am

I've tried at least 4 different USB cameras so far, including an old IBM webcam, Playstation Eyetoy (PS2) and PS Eye (PS3), and one of those cheap 1" cube DVR cameras but the DVR app in the headunit doesn't see any of them.What kind of camera does it need?

droidman2018

Postby droidman2018 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:45 pm

I have this one and it works well.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/1080P-Car-DVR-V ... 546a2cd0de

Picture is clear and has builtin micros sd slot.

It has lane detection too and its not bad at detecting road lines but is annoying when you are overtaking.

The only issue I have with this is that when I start the car I have to unplug the dashcam on USB and plug it in again to get recognised by the headunit.

Its not the cameras fault as when I tried in on my phone and tablet (both android) and on 2 laptops it appears every time when I reboot.

Something in the headunit doesnt like the USB device connected when powered on.

I may put a reset switch on the usb cable so I dont have to unplug it each time.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Android System”