Front camera

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Qb_ms

Front camera

Postby Qb_ms » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:43 am

Hi,

I want to connect a Front parking camera (composite) to my head unit (AE0373b) . It should turn on automatically when switching from Reverse gear Back to Forward Gear. A Reverse camera is already connected and works fine when switching to Reverse gear.
Which Plug do I need to use to connect the Front Cam to the unit and what Options to choose in the configuration?
Is it possible to get the Power (12V) directly from the device?

Thanks!

Jammy

Re: Front camera

Postby Jammy » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:12 am

Hi,
Would you please provide the information related to your car brand, manufacturer years, and mode. Such as Toyota RAV4 2009. Cheers
Best Regards
Jam

Qb_ms

Postby Qb_ms » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:28 pm

Hi Jammy,

It is a Volkswagen Golf Mk 5 2009.

Thanks!

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:22 am

Hi,
You can connect the front camera to the Video-In port of the radio. Then select the aux-in mode. Cheers.
Best Regards
Jam

Qb_ms

Postby Qb_ms » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:42 am

Hi Jammy,

thanks for your reply.

As mentioned I would like to use the Front Cam as a parking camera, which automatically switches on after Reverse.
Is this possible when connected like you recommended (Aux Video In)?

If not is it possible to connect the camera appropriatly via the so far unused plugs at the Back of the Head unit? E.g. in Block C or G. Maybe with a Special harness?

Is one of the Pins at the Back of the HU connected to Pin 3 of the Video Chip (FMS6502) , which should be the Front Cam Input?

Thank you for your reply.

Best regards

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:30 am

Hi,
Sorry that you cannot use the front cam as a parking camera. You can buy an DVR for use. Cheers.
Best Regards,
Jammy

Anneredaymn

View first unread post

Postby Anneredaymn » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:01 pm

I searched for fw20 and did not see anything that I was allowed to see, only one thing in the sale section or somthing which you need a post to view, so tada. Anyway, I have a fw20 deck and when you hit play on either side it usually spins but the left side of the tape just keeps getting eaten up, like maybe only on of the reels is spinning. anyone know how to fix this?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Android System”