Device Crashing and "Freezing" After Update.

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ntinosat

Device Crashing and "Freezing" After Update.

Postby Ntinosat » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:22 am

Hello, I recently purchased the Pumpkin 7 Zoll Doppel Din Android 7.1 device for the VW Serie Passat Golf Jetta MK4 MK5 with GPS Navigation DVD Player 8 / Octo-Core RAM: 2GB + ROM: 32GB (SKU: AS0371B) as mentioned in the thred [ viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2642 ] and in my attempt to solve the problem with the radio frequency, I tried to upgrade my unit first with the archive [https://mega.nz/#!dMdjjYzI!k3FxkLtdRfFZ ... bWE4aGGi_ ] and then with [ https://mega.nz/#!UdNACI4A!HVtOA0HCgZZt ... 7AcwI0-xew] ].With the second file I tried two or three times, the last time I activated the command that makes a format on the device, resulting into the re-installation of the applications like the (igo primo). After that and without knowing if the upgrade was done properly, the unit shows (v9.2.2_20171025.000458_KED3-5) and no (V9.2.2_20180120.164839_KED3-5).The problem with the radio remains. Also the applications crash often, such as navigation, music, even radio and the device itself “freezes”. Please find a solution to the serious problem for me.
Note: 1) The file upgrades must be decompressed in the SD card or transfer only the four extracted files in it?Do you need to unzip the upgrade file to the SD card or transfer the four unzipped files to it?
2) Is it also important if the decompression is done with Windows 10 OS or Macos Sierra OS?

Jammy

Re: Device Crashing and "Freezing" After Update.

Postby Jammy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:24 am

Hi,
you can continue contact the customer service with this problem.
Regards

Ntinosat

Re: Device Crashing and "Freezing" After Update.

Postby Ntinosat » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:44 am

After i contacted with the customer service , they adviced me to install the new firmware through the USB port using a card reader , i managed to install the update while following the Manual directions for reseting the device( By long pressing any button on the front panel, keep pressing the power button for about 3 seconds and then using a thing sticker to press the RST hole.). After the update , the device with the new firmware installed seems to be working properly without any crashes or "freezes" during the operation of the navigator alongside with any other applications open.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Android System”