Pumpkin W0642 WinCE radio won't power on

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Stereo1

Pumpkin W0642 WinCE radio won't power on

Postby Stereo1 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:45 am

I just received the CS-Z0002 JBL Canbus Box option for my 2010 Toyota Prius (that has the non GPS radio with premium JBL sound option).

This is the my first installation of this radio. The Pumpkin W0642 radio does not power on.
I have verified +12v at the back on the Pumpkin radio on the fuse.
I have verified I have +12v on the yellow wire at the back on the Pumpkin radio.

Is there any other inputs required in order for the unit to power up?
How can I fix this problem?

Further details on the CS-Z0002 JBL Canbus wiring:
I did not receive any installation documentation with the CS-Z0002 JBL Canbus purchase.
Is there any documentation on this wiring and it's operation?

I connected the larger white 5910 00T035-00 connector to the Toyota Prius connector.

The AMP controller is labeled:
AMP Controller
KSP (Toyota-SS-01) 20160601
SS-TY011000098-03
For: Prado
P/N:53XP-TOSS01-01
Software:KSP Toyota V1.01.004.AY

There is a brown wire coming from the Pumpkin Canbus module labeled "AMP-CON" that I did not connect.
Does this need to be connected and where should I connect this wire?

I connected the smaller white connector to the Toyota Prius connector.
There is a pink (wheel key1) and brown (wheel key2) wire coming from the this connector that I did not connect.
Does this need to be connected and where should I connect this wire?

Does the Pumpkin Radio need the CS-Z0002 JBL Canbus module to power on?

How can I troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jammy

Re: Pumpkin W0642 WinCE radio won't power on

Postby Jammy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:53 am

Hi,
Sorry for the trouble caused.
Could you please first tell us your order number and the kind of your car?
Normally our unit will turn on when the red and yellow wire get 12V power supply, the black wire connect to ground.
The Z0002 is just used for decoding your original system JBL sound signal, it does not have relation with the unit turning on or off.
You just need to connect the black connector to our unit side, the two white connector need to be connected to your original cable.
For the AMP-CON wire, you need to connect it to your original JBL amplifier control wire to get power, then when starting the unit, your JBL sound system will work.
For the pink (wheel key1) and brown (wheel key2) wire, they are steering wheel control wire, if your car has steering wheel keys, you can connect these wire to your original steering wheel control wire.
If possible, would you mind take some photo of your original cable, including the front and back view side of the cable, and make them clear.
We will try to check and provide you positive solution.
Regards

Stereo1

Postby Stereo1 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:05 am

* order number and the kind of your car?
2010 Toyota Prius, ebay order number: 181441889373, Tracking number: LK025027389CN

* I don't have the car apart to take pictures of the connectors.

Based on your wiring feeback...
Should I test the Radio using the following process?
A. Unplug the CANBus module.
B. Use a 12v bench power - apply 12v to the Red / Yellow wires and use the black as the ground wire.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:07 am

Hi,
You can first follow the process to check if the unit could be turned on when the three main wires get the right connection.
Maybe it's not convenient for you to take the picture of your original connector, please try to find the wiring diagram of your original radio and send it to us. We need more information to help you check.
And you can also check the fuse of your car and our unit.
We have tested the unit and it works well before sending it out.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Wince System”