Key illumination issue Wince Ford

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sonny89

Key illumination issue Wince Ford

Postby Sonny89 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:51 am

Hello guys,
I bought a Wince Pumpkin unit from ebay. My ebay buyer ID is "tanner-jericho".
The radio is installed in a Ford Focus (2010 model) and is working very well. So the installation was mainly plug and play.
However, I have one issue with key illumination. Wehen I turn on ignition and radio starts all keys are shining for 3 seconds. Then they go out and stay out.
I do not use a CAN Bus adapter or decoder. Just the original Ford cable. Everything works (radio, navigation...) except the key lightning.
Do you have an idea for me? Do i have to use a CAN adapter just for the illumination?

Thanks and regards from Germany ;)

Jammy

Re: Key illumination issue Wince Ford

Postby Jammy » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:44 am

Hi,
For the key illumination, you can refer the below pictures to connect the illumination wire to the ACC wire pin of your original power cable.
1.png
1.png (513.65 KiB) Viewed 2193 times

2.png
2.png (106.56 KiB) Viewed 2193 times

Or you can also go to the Setup-->Common-->Auto Brightness and set the option to "Time", then the key will light on with the unit turning on.
3.png
3.png (238.63 KiB) Viewed 2193 times

Regards

Sonny89

Postby Sonny89 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:38 pm

Hello Jammy,

okay thanks for that information. I will try that.
Can you tell me if a have to use a CAN Bus adapter for my Focus? I am not sure about it, because the connector fits without problems. Steering control is working too! So I do not need an adapter, right?

If I choose option 2 with "Time" from your reply, are key lights always on then? Or just between 18:00 and 7:00 o'clock?
So it would be easier for me not to cut any cables.

Thanks and regards,
Jan

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:40 am

Hi,
The unit you bought has the built in Canbus module which fit your car, so you don't need to use a Canbus adapter, just use your original cable to connect to the back port of our unit, then it can work as your original one.
The Time settings function is used for turning on the key lights when you power on the unit, and it will be always on until you switch off the unit.
In this way, you don't need to try to find the illumination wire from your original cable and modify the wire.
Regards

Sonny89

Postby Sonny89 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:27 am

Hello,
thanks for your reply. Was really helpful for me to understand. I will try first without modify the wire and check if it works.

Thanks and regards

Sonny89

Postby Sonny89 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:16 am

Hello Jammy,

in general key illumination is working now! Thanks so far.
What I discovered is that the keys are only on between 18:00 and 07:00 o'clock. Is there a possibiliy to adjust this time via settings or software?

Regards,
Jan

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:10 am

Hi,
Sorry, it does not support to adjust that time.
But you can try to connect the illumination wire to your car headlight positive pole, then the key will light on with the headlight.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Wince System”