USB/input sockets

Moderators: Jammy, admin

Dudleian

USB/input sockets

Postby Dudleian » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:01 pm

I am about to install a 6.2" wince pumpkin in my Cmax and I'm checking over all the cables and connectors to make sure I get it all right. There are two USB sockets on the back and one on the front - do they all function?
Also - which is the best socket to use when I install a reversing camera - 'cam' or 'video in' ?
Thanks

Andy

Re: USB/input sockets

Postby Andy » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:19 am

Hi there
Could you mind tell me your order number so that I can check what item you are having in your hand? Even send me your purchase link is ok.
And the reversing camera should be connected to CAM-IN RCA inport port, the video-in is for other external video device video input.
Regards!

Dudleian

Postby Dudleian » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:52 pm

100000685 is the order number
I've installed the unit and it is mostly fine, however the steering wheel controls aren't working. I used all the correct harness/patch lead connections and connected in the proper order but no steering wheel controls work. When I went into settings the icons that I needed were lit up but when I cancelled them and started the learning process all the icons remain greyed out - there seems to be no communication between the head unit and the steering wheel controls. The harness suppliers - Connects2 - has suggested that I ground the handbrake wire but as yet I haven't tried it.

Andy

Postby Andy » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:36 am

Hi there
Thank you for your reply!
There is only 1 USB at the back of the radio is working, the other one is for the factory other use which you can not use it.
And as I can see, the item you bought is an universal 2 DIN device, so it can only support resistance based analog steering wheel buttons signal to work. And you said you bought an adpapter interface, could you mind check if any wire connected wrong? May you show me some photos of the connections between the radio's swc and the adapter? The SWC wire from the radio is wire 3 cables.
Regards!

Dudleian

Postby Dudleian » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:12 pm

Thanks Andy
I fixed the steering wheel control issue - the connection on the ground wire was no good, it all works fine now.
I don't want to keep pulling the radio out to check things so do you know which of the two usb sockets is the one that I can use?
Do you know how I can synchronise my mobile phone contacts with the head unit?

Andy

Postby Andy » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:28 am

Hi there
Thank you for your reply!
The top USB port with MEDIA mark can be used.
For sync phonebook, first you need to pair your cellphone with the radio's BT.
Then you need to make sure your cellphone BT option is allowed the contacts outout via BT.
And then you click the download icon at the radio screen to sync that.
Regards!

Dudleian

Postby Dudleian » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:23 am

Thanks you again Andy. How do I update the maps on the navigator? And o e last question - will the operating system need to be updated soon?

Andy

Postby Andy » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:37 am

Hi there
If there is any update on the firmware or the map software, we will release on our forum, you can check to download.
But right now, there is no update yet!
Regards!

Dudleian

Postby Dudleian » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:44 am

Thanks Andy, you've been a great help ☺

Dudleian

Postby Dudleian » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:43 pm

I used the navigator for the first time today and it is a good system - however there are no speed camera warnings. I have set it to warn of cameras but after driving for 5 hours through speed check areas there were no warnings

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Wince System”