CD doesn't come out and unit doesn't power on

All new members are obligated to check this out before any forward action!

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
daverbuch

CD doesn't come out and unit doesn't power on

Postby daverbuch » Sun May 20, 2018 8:09 pm

Hi,I bought the Pumpkin 8 Inch Double Din Android 7.1 unit for VW cars (I have a golf), order number 100002353 on your UK website. The unit was working fine until recently, but now I have two problems:

1. I have a CD inside the unit that I can't take out. I press the button, there are noises, but the CD doesn't come out.
2. The unit now doesn't turn on at all.It happened in two stages, first the boot was stuck on the logo and then there wasn't even the logo picture and the screen is black and nothing happens.

The two problems are separate and each happened at a different time. At the beginning everything worked fine.

Will appreciate your help.

Thanks

Jammy

Re: CD doesn't come out and unit doesn't power on

Postby Jammy » Mon May 21, 2018 10:06 am

Hi,
1.you can refer to this article or video .viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7Rh9ISQIJ4
2.you can flash the firmware :https://mega.nz/#!JMNjDLYQ!lSLwnlgVe1iP5G8dmK2hME0zatfaMqmsIEj1lZe80uQ
Please download the files to the root content of one sd card and insert it into GPS slot (USB stick also OK).Then do as following video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtfwfh0Olu4
Regards

daverbuch

Postby daverbuch » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:19 pm

Hi, thanks for your reply. The link you sent to me comes up as not available (for the latest firmware). Can you pls resend it. Thanks.

daverbuch

Postby daverbuch » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:58 pm

Thank you very much.

daverbuch

Postby daverbuch » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:11 pm

Hi, I have followed the instructions for the recovery update, but the reset doesn’t work. I press the power and then short press on the reset, but it never gives the 3 beeps and I don’t get to the menu stage. Only the illumination goes off and then on. That’s it. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Doron

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:53 am

Hi,
after inserting an sd card with the firmware into the GPS slot,you can do as follow:
1.hold the power button on and then short press the RST button once.
2.wait for around 3s,then loosen the power button and short press it again at once.
3.the unit will automatically enter into recovery menu.
Regards

daverbuch

Postby daverbuch » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:03 pm

Hi Jammy, unfortunately, this solution doesn't work as well. Nothing appears on the screen and it continues to be dark/off regardless of the effort to go into recovery mode. It is now almost two months since this issues started. Is there anything else we can do on the software/firmware side? Otherwise, I think we should move to replacing the unit. Thanks, Doron.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:13 am

Hi,
ok, you can contact the pumpkin customer service for the next solution.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Policy&Rules”