Poor FM Radio reception & frequency restriction

All new members are obligated to check this out before any forward action!

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PoseidonTheTerrible

Poor FM Radio reception & frequency restriction

Postby PoseidonTheTerrible » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:29 am

Hi,

Thanks for approving my account. I am summarising the problem I described to you by email:

I bought a PX5 AA0495B-A08 from Amazon in the US and apparently you tell me that it's restricted to tune to odd frequencies xx.1, xx.3. xx.5, xx.7, etc. However, I use my car outside the US (Singapore) and did not expect this contraint when I purchased it (All the digital radio tuners in the US I've ever used can tune to even frequencies as well). Is there something I can reconfigure to allow tuning to even frequencies or is there a firmware update I can use to allow that? I want to tune to 95.00 (and other similar even frequencies).

Secondly, although I can receive some other radio stations, it seems that the reception isn't as good as with my previous radio. I have checked that the +12V is powering the active antenna (it is) and my other car radio picks up the stations much better - so the reception is OK where I am testing it.

Can you suggest why this poor reception might be? everything else it working fine - GPS, wifi, etc. I just need to fix this problem of receiving the radio stations I got before.

Thanks very much for your help.

Jammy

Re: Poor FM Radio reception & frequency restriction

Postby Jammy » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:33 am

Hello,
Our engineer informs that please enter settings-car settings-factory settings-input password 126-radio-choose Europe option-apply-exit.
Best Regards,
Jammy
Attachments
1.png
1.png (61.49 KiB) Viewed 9540 times

PoseidonTheTerrible

Re: Poor FM Radio reception & frequency restriction

Postby PoseidonTheTerrible » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:41 am

Perfect! That worked fine. It turns out that the radio station I wanted only tunes in on very specific freqencies, no spillover.

My daughters will be very happy that they can listen to their favourite radio station again!

Thanks for the help.

Justin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Policy&Rules”