Warning triangle Error, why?

All new members are obligated to check this out before any forward action!

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PumpkinUser69

Warning triangle Error, why?

Postby PumpkinUser69 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:48 am

Order# 111-4150118-6379438

Hi, I've been seeing this image for a few weeks now, no rhyme or reason as to why, radio or media, haven't used much more yet. The only time I don't see it is when the backup cam is operating it. Sometimes it can go days without and others it can happen a few times in just a minute. It cuts out the sound and usually only lasts a few seconds. What is the error? Regards.

Unit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074M ... UTF8&psc=1

upload.jpg
upload.jpg (113.29 KiB) Viewed 3687 times

Jammy

Re: Warning triangle Error, why?

Postby Jammy » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:46 am

Hi,
could you tell me your car model?
Regards

PumpkinUser69

Postby PumpkinUser69 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:00 am

2010 Chevy Silverado

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:14 am

Hi,
you can modify the regarding wires as follows to solve this problem.
reverse.png
reverse.png (741.62 KiB) Viewed 3664 times

Regards

PumpkinUser69

Postby PumpkinUser69 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:58 pm

Hi Jammy, I appreciate your response to a solution, but this doesn't explain the problem. Now that I'm thinking about it, I believe I was using the head unit for a period of time before installing the reverse cam, and the problem may have started after installing the reverse cam, I can't be sure.

However, I'm the kind of person that likes to know what is going on:

1) Please tell me what the problem is? You must know the problem and how it relates to my vehicle since that was what you wanted to know.
2) Are you saying that the in/out problem with the media and radio sound is related to the wiring of the reverse camera? and this 10K ohm load resistor connected to the reverse cam in power wire even when the cam isn't supposedly active takes care of the issue? Suggesting this is some kind of power/signal feedback issue with the camera that the load resistor absorbs.
3) If I were to disconnect the reverse camera from operation, would the "problem" also go away? I would be inclined to try this first to verify what is causing the problem, reversing what I'm thinking now is what started the problem which is in line with your solution, before I wire up your solution, thanks.

Best regards,

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:45 am

Hi,
it is nice to meet you who has a good analysis.
1.This problem is that the REVERSE-IN wire recognize some tiny power signal and switch to the reverse mode when you operate the car such as braking or turning the steering lamp.
2.When the unit switch to reverse mode ,the sound or imagine will be interrupt.The 10K ohm load resistor is used to load the accidental current and solve this problem.
3.Yes,if you disconnect this wire,the problem will go,but you also unable to use reverse camera.
Regards

PumpkinUser69

Postby PumpkinUser69 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:44 pm

Thank you Jammy, I will try #3 for a bit, when it shows clear, I'll wire up #2. This makes sense and I appreciate the verification of thought.

Dan

Postby Dan » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:37 pm

If there is a signal getting back down the reverse wire when it's not in reverse, I would start looking at the rear light clusters for a dodgy earth / ground, probably some coroded contacts or something
Amazon order 204-0692282-1221903

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Policy&Rules”