Android V5.1 'Lollipop' Firmware Request for KD-C0248-UK-A?

Technical file download link of PUMPKIN device

Moderators: Jammy, admin

Viffergb

Re: Android V5.1 'Lollipop' Firmware Request for KD-C0248-UK-A?

Postby Viffergb » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:42 am

Sorry 'Csewhite'...can you expand a little....you say it's been done????

Thanks.

Csewhite

Postby Csewhite » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:03 pm

I remember a while back that someone with the same unit did it and it worked how well I'm not sure .. but I know it was a kld unit , this is basically the mcu on the unit , this is all from memory so don't take it a gospel , I think mcu version kld 2.85 and lower are for 4.4 defined as a mtcb unit, kld version 2.85 and above are for 5.1 which is defined as a mtcc unit , they are all interchangeable however mtcb kld 2.85 and lower won't work with 5.1. Also there are plenty of roms about and customs built ones which your unit can handle either way.

Csewhite

Postby Csewhite » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:17 pm

Check this post it will point you in the right direction
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1027

Viffergb

Postby Viffergb » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:31 pm

Thanks for your replies. A lot of interesting info. there, and to be honest, if I'd come across your messages back in 2016/2017 I would have had a 'play' at trying some different ROMS. My main gripe back in 2016 after I bought the 4.4.4 unit was finding out that I could only try out 'Android Auto' if I had V5.1 Android, hence my wishing to upgrade! Also, from memory, I did successfully manage to set up 'Mirror Link' ONCE with the mobile I had at the time, but after changing (upgrading) my mobile, I couldn't get it to work again...even after trying a factory reset. It (EasyConnected app) just kept reporting that there was a certificate failure and no more attempts available and I should try using the original mobile phone, which I did, but didn't work...or something along those lines.

As Pumpkin are now up to Android 9.0, I'm seriously considering buying one of those units as a replacement, especially as it offers better screen resolution and 'Waze' the satnav app I use will display better on a 1024 x 600 screen, plus I'll have more memory to play around with, plus faster operation...plus lots of other advantages.

Csewhite

Postby Csewhite » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:11 pm

Yes my pumpkin/kylde unit is struggling to handle the newer updated apps, I'm thinking of the px6 4gb ram, however pumpkin are just a reseller so any "brand" will do for me. However i still have the same unit from 2015 and it's still bearable but not on the factory rom. The best info on these Chinese units are here https://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/Hui_Fei_Type i was never expecting this to last 4 years so I can't knock the quality only the software in stock form.

Viffergb

Postby Viffergb » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:35 pm

Well, I've taken the plunge and ordered one of these...

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B ... UTF8&psc=1

having spent some time investigating it. It's 4GB RAM and 32GB ROM, so it should last a while, and it receives a pretty decent review on YouTube.

I guess only time will tell. Okay, it's not perfect, but I've been pleased with my old model for the past 3+ years, so we'll see if this one lives up to expectations!

I did have a good read through of that 'xda-developers' forum from your earlier post and it seemed a lot of trial and error was required just to move on up to 5.1, or so it seemed to me. Quite a few years ago I might well have given it a go, but to be honest, I decided to go down the easier route of going for a much later version of Android with all the added benefits it has to offer...fingers crossed.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “File Download”