Callers complain of noise during calls

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
pixelriffic

Callers complain of noise during calls

Postby pixelriffic » Tue May 14, 2019 3:22 pm

I purchased the Android 8.0 octa core head unit a couple of months ago. I installed the external mike at the top of the windshield frame left corner, so it's only about 12 inches away. I was surprised to find the mic on the head unit was also active. I would have assumed it would be deactivated when the external mic was connected, but both mics are clearly active. I wonder if this could be the problem? It's bad enough that it's almost impossible to communicate while driving. When standing, it seems acceptable.

Jammy

Re: Callers complain of noise during calls

Postby Jammy » Wed May 15, 2019 2:11 am

Hi there,

Thank you for your post.
That noise because your turn the volume too loud.
While you using external mic,the mic on headunit won't turn off,except you open the radio and get it off from radio.
Or you do not use the external mic.
Only 3 ways to solve this issue.

1. Turn a little down of the volume.
2. Take off the mic on headunit.(need familiar with car stereo and you know where is the internal mic of radio)
3. Do not use external mic.

Regards,
Jam

roscored

Re: Callers complain of noise during calls

Postby roscored » Sat May 25, 2019 12:06 pm

Most people tend to cut one wire on the internal mic to improve the sound quality, you may have to get a better mic too, I moved mine to the top of the steering wheel boss in front of the instruments and that helped also. Good luck

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”