ND0294B: How can I change the host name from "px5"?

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mr.O

ND0294B: How can I change the host name from "px5"?

Postby Mr.O » Sun May 19, 2019 7:58 pm

How can I change host name of the ND0294B from px5?
I have two ND0294B. I installed one each in two cars. Both appear on my local network with the same name: "px5". This is very confusing. I can not tell which is which. To solve this I want to change the host name of the units. But I can not find a way to change it. How is it done?

Please advise.
Kind regards

Jammy

Re: ND0294B: How can I change the host name from "px5"?

Postby Jammy » Mon May 20, 2019 1:53 am

Could you please take a photo?
As the web name should be the MAC address.
But unfortunately,both MAC name or PX5 name can't be changed.

BR,
Jam

Mr.O

Postby Mr.O » Mon May 20, 2019 11:36 am

Well, since I can't find a way to change the hostname I can't take a photo. :lol:

The MAC addresses are unique. So my units have different MAC addresses. They both have the "web name"/hostname px5.

The hostname is defined in software, so it can be changed. In Android there is normally an entry in the settings menu to change the hostname to something personal. I see no reason to have it removed, maybe it is a bug.

:?: Can you please check with the software experts if there is a way to change hostname. Maybe some hidden menu?

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue May 21, 2019 1:46 am

Thank you for your reply.
Yes,I did try yesterday,while I open a hotspot via may phone to share the internet with your model radio.
The "web name" of the radio is its MAC address.
I know our product has a name PX5,but I can't really find a way to change it.
I will contact another engineer to see if there is a way to change it.

BR,
Jam

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”