CN10-03201B-DE disabling reverse camera

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kvelertak

CN10-03201B-DE disabling reverse camera

Postby Kvelertak » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:36 pm

Hello all, hello dear Jammy!
I have the CN10-03201B-DE car stereo with running Android 6 on it. It is plugged in my car, right now a Skoda Octavia II (1z) combi, build in year 2012.
Like in many threads i've found, i'll get the black screen in reverse gear, because i don't have a reverse cam.

So i see, there don't seem to be an software option to disable only the reverse cam. You always say, "we" need to cut a wire.
In my case, the "Cam line" wire isn't used, so no need to cut this. My unit is completely controlled by CAN-Bus. In other threads you say to cut the reverse wire from CAN-Bus box, like for example here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2771
But all examples i have found are for different units, so if it could be successful to cut a wire to disable the black screen, which wire would it be in my case? If you need further information, please let me know!

And the second question: if the wire is cut, will it (still) show this screen info (or nothing at all, when reverse gear is in):

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions!

Kvelertak

Re: CN10-03201B-DE disabling reverse camera

Postby Kvelertak » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:16 pm

Oh, what i forgot to mention: from software side i have found an setting in "settings - car settings - extra settings", similar like in this thread

But if i push "Disable reverse video" the unit reboots itself into update mode. I see the green update progress bar for a short time and afterwards the unit reboots to homescreen without effect.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:21 am

Hi,

Please disconnect the camera line.
camera line disconnect.png
camera line disconnect.png (2.1 MiB) Viewed 2864 times

Jammy

Kvelertak

Postby Kvelertak » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:00 am

Thanks for your answer.
But i think, this will not help! The "Cam Line" wire is not connected to any other wire.
It is all controlled by can-bus.
Either there is a wire at your can-bus decoder or we should have a look at the "Disable reverse video" option in Extra Settings. And why it does a reboot, if i choose it.
I never updated the unit, maybe the latesd software can help and make this option work?
I will try to make a video.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:43 am

Hi,

Thank you for your video.
But our technical team also wants a video when you reverse and the head unit turn into the black screen.
Sorry for annoying you. But this can help us clearly know what's the problem and find the resolution.

Thank you
Jammy

Kvelertak

Postby Kvelertak » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:46 am

Well, i can make a video of that too.
But it will basically look exactly like the first picture here in the opening post.

Kvelertak

Postby Kvelertak » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:37 am

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:42 am

Hi,

Please press the rst button to restart the machine. If you still have the same problem, provide a picture of the wiring on the back of the machine.

Thank you
Jammy

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”