Pumpkin PX5 SDcard / file format

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ruasonid

Pumpkin PX5 SDcard / file format

Postby ruasonid » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:50 am

I'm seeing an error message invalid directory or file format when I put my micro SD card into the Android head unit.

I proceeded to format the sdcard in the head unit using the utility. After copying over some files (mp3 and jpg) I still receive the message invalid directory or file format. I tried to access the files using file explorer and found that when I click on an mp3 file there is a message that the system is unable to play this type of file. The audio files are mp3 and I tested them on my PC before putting the sd card into the head unit. After I removed the card from the head unit and tried it on my PC the files would not play. The scdard is a Toshiba 128GB.

I also have two Samsung 64GB sdcards, one is an EVO and the other EVO Plus. I formatted both cards in the head unit then put them in the PC to copy over some test mp3 files. The WIndows PC gave a message that the sdcards have errors and scan the drive now to fix it. I ignored that and copied over some mp3 files to test. Tried both Samsung 64GB cards in the head unit and get the message invalid path or audio files. I put one sdcard back into the PC and I get the message 'This file isn’t playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt'. I put the second card in and clicked to scan and fix. It said that no errors were found. After that, I still cannot play the mp3 file on the PC.

Not sure what file format the head unit uses but on Windows it's formatted exFAT with a default allocation size of 128 kilobytes.

Any ideas what might be the problem?

Jammy

Re: Pumpkin PX5 SDcard / file format

Postby Jammy » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:10 am

Hi,

Can you offer the car stereo SKU to us?
There is an SKU label on the back of the radio or on the package box.

So we can more clearly learn the problem and find the resolution.

Thank you
Jammy

ruasonid

Postby ruasonid » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:10 pm

Thank you for your reply. I reformatted the card to FAT32 using a Utility (on Windows 10) and now it seems to be working OK. It did not work with exFAT which is the only file format option in Windows 10 other than NTFS.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:48 am

That's great!
Thank you for your update.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”