Unit reboots occasionally

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

msassman

Unit reboots occasionally

Postby msassman » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:07 pm

I have the following pumpkin car stereo

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V7 ... UTF8&psc=1

Several times a week I get into the car and it powers up from a full boot. The time displayed on the unit is anyehre from 10-30 minutes after I shut the ignition off. What do I need to do to troubleshoot this. It has done this since I purchased.

Amazon ORDER # 113-8458468-5705851

Jammy

Re: Unit reboots occasionally

Postby Jammy » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:21 am

Hi,

Please offer your car model and car year.
The red line inside the power line is used to control the on / off of the car stereo. Connect the red line to the ignition key of the car. After disconnecting the power of the red line, the car stereo will automatically shut down.

Thank you
Jammy

msassman

Postby msassman » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:33 pm

If the wiring was the issue it would do it every time, wouldn't it? I only does it occasionally. Is there updated firmware for it. It has never been updated.

msassman

Postby msassman » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:58 pm

Car is a 2000 camaro. The red line is wired to the ignition power circuit. Instant on feature is working intermittently.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:31 am

Hi,

We think that maybe the red line does not connect well.
Please check that when you do not turn off the car stereo, the red line whether has 12v or not.

Thank you
Jammy

msassman

Postby msassman » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:36 pm

you said the red line goes to the ignition, power is removed from the unit at that point and it is receiving power from the battery to stay active, or does it have its own internal power source? The red line has power when the ignition is on. The issue is that after turning the car off, about 10 minutes later the system shuts down completely. When I start the car hours later, the unit does a full boot rather than a 1 second instant on startup. The time after coming back up is roughly 10 to 15 minutes after I shut the car off last which indicates after the screen shuts down when ignition is turned off, the unit is doing a full shutdown. Does the instant startup require power to stay active? Could an app not be closing and causing it to crash while in standby?

msassman

Postby msassman » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:38 pm

also, can you please advise as latest firmware and mci for the unit?

msassman

Postby msassman » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:01 am

See attached image, also could you please reply to the rest of my query?

msassman

Postby msassman » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:10 am

Also, should apps like spotify still be running when I turn the car back on, mine defaults to the main screen each time and I have to relaunch all the apps.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:56 am

Hello,

Here is the firmware.
https://mega.nz/#F!GC4QCazA!aWKsDx7nHaPu94SlcztAIw
Do not decompress, open the file after downloading, copy kupdate.zip to the root directory of the USB flash drive, and insert it into the car. It will automatically recognize the upgrade.

Here is the MCU update.
https://mega.nz/#!fTpTiY7C!tpCTjYpiI72p ... 5Z_OXXPbtI
Do not decompress, copy update2.bin to USB. Settings-Vehicle Settings-Upgrade-Upgrade MCU.

Thank you
Jammy

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”