Roads disappeared on Google Maps

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
plato

Roads disappeared on Google Maps

Postby plato » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:38 pm

Hi all.

Strange thing about Google Maps! It has been working as expected. Then suddenly (without apparent reason) the roads have disappeared. The voice instructions are still on and the “car” pointer moves on a light grey background. I might in error have done something that caused this. If so I cannot see what it might be.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Unit is connected via WiFi to my iPhone hotspot with Bluetooth on as well

Thanks

Plato

Jammy

Re: Roads disappeared on Google Maps

Postby Jammy » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:59 am

Hi,

What's the SKU of your car stereo?
There is an SKU label on the back of the radio or on the package box.

Thank you
Jammy

plato

Re: Roads disappeared on Google Maps

Postby plato » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:56 am

Hi Jammy

Thanks for your quick reply and sorry for my long delay in responding. We have been in lockdown here (mostly over 70s here!) with no-one going out. It wasn’t possible for me to get to my car. I have found the box at last.

The SKU is AA0483S-A02. I had thought the problem was no WiFi connection via my iPhone hotspot. I now realise that the lack of roads, but not voice directions, is not due to that as I have an Internet connection OK

It remains a mystery. Incidentally I cannot get a connection viable USB3G connector.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”