Bluetooth hidden?

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bnwgraaf

Bluetooth hidden?

Postby bnwgraaf » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:46 pm

Can the Bluetooth on the Pumpkin AA0495 only be used/connected/found through the built-in Bluetooth app?

I was trying to configure a Bluetooth app which should be able to prioritize Bluetooth devices, but it can not find any paired Bluetooth devices and tells me to enable Bluetooth service...

Is Bluetooth someway hidden except for the Pumpkins own Bluetooth app?

Mazda 2 with Pumpkin AA0495B

Rigattoni

Re: Bluetooth hidden?

Postby Rigattoni » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:11 pm

There is no possibility to change the priority.
BT on all Android devices don´t have the settings available.

bnwgraaf

Postby bnwgraaf » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:27 pm

No, but with Tasker I can disconnect a device if one specific other device is detected near, and after that I can connect to that detected device.
I can also do this with apps like Profile Manager.

All automatically, but I only need access to the Bluetooth settings and the list with paired devices. On my mobile phone I have this access and it works, but I need to do this on the Pumpkin. And on my Pumpkin I don't have the Bluetooth settings like on my mobile device....

There is even an app which has this functionality (Bluetooth Auto Connect) which can prioritize Bluetooth devices and connections, but again, it has no access to the list with paired devices on the Pumpkin....

Am I the only one in which car we drive with different people with their own mobile phone who don't want to connect manually to the mobile device of choice at any specific moment?
If I drive alone I would like my phone to be connected.
If my girlfriend drives alone, her phone has to be connected.
If we drive together I always want my phone to be connected and that all automatically.
With Tasker and Profile Manager this would be possible....

Rigattoni

Postby Rigattoni » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:11 pm

I know... sorry to say...
...and I am running into the same issue. But as for now there is no visible solution.
I also tried to get this bypassed with Tasker, but it´s exactly the same issue as you are talking about.

bnwgraaf

Postby bnwgraaf » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:25 am

Does anybody know if there is some way to get to the Bluetooth services on the Pumpkin radio, so that I can use apps like tasker to get the right decive connected?

Or is there a way to start connection from the mobile device? If I try to connect from my mobile device, no connection is made. Is the only way to connect through the bluetooth app on the Pumpkin?

I was thinking to place a nfc tag somewhere in the car and if I touch it with oneof my mobile devices, this device tries to connect to the pumpkin and starts the Wifi hotspot, so the pumpkin can connect wifi also....

If I root the car, do I have more options to get to the bluetooth connection?

Rigattoni

Postby Rigattoni » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:04 am

There is no way around...
Tasker does not even see the connected device.
Even root does not help in this case.

bnwgraaf

Postby bnwgraaf » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:36 pm

I wrote some kind of little test app and installed it on the Pumpkin.
This app checked if Bluetooth had been turned on, but it had not.
Next, the app turned on Bluetooth and it succeeded to do. So even there is no way in the Pumpkin software to turn on or off Bluetooth, I was able to do this by code.

After that the app searched all paired Bluetooth devices. It only discovered my obd2 adapter, not my mobile phones! So it looks like if the mobile devices are paired/connected from within the Bluetooth app and not through the Android Bluetooth settings like on your Android phone...

But after turning on Bluetooth I was able to discover this odb2 Bluetooth connection from within the Tasker app!

It was nice to see that I was able to turn on Bluetooth and get a list with paired devices.
But because the "paired" mobile devices could not be found, I am still not able to use Tasker for connecting and prioritize.

But I will continue to look further, because I find it very inconvenient that the radio only connects to the last connected device.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”