"Okay Google"

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bnwgraaf

"Okay Google"

Postby bnwgraaf » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:50 pm

I have a car launcher installed with a microphone shortcut to voice commands (Google Assistant).

Is it possible to start voice commands by only saying "okay Google", without hitting some button first?

Mazda 2 with Pumpkin AA0495B

Jammy

Re: "Okay Google"

Postby Jammy » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:48 am

Hello
Thaks for your emssage
Did you buy the carplay dongle NA7006B for the car radio?
Best Regards,
Jammy

bnwgraaf

Postby bnwgraaf » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:10 am

Hi Jammy,

No, I did not. I am not using Android Auto app. But I can use the Google Assistant, but only need to touch a button to activate it. I was wondering if the "OK Google" way would be possible.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:16 am

Hello,
Thanks for your message
Our engineer confirm the car radio can use OK Google without android auto,
Please connect network and log into your Google account, then open the Google browser, then you can use OK Google
If your car radio can not use this function, could you please record a video for us?
Best Regards,
Jammy.

bnwgraaf

Postby bnwgraaf » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:26 pm

Hi Jammy,

Thank you for your quick reply.
I do connect network (hotspot of my mobile phone) and if I hit the Google Assistant microphone, I can do voice commands and voice search.
But if I am using an app I can not start the voice command by only saying "OK Google", but i have to hit the microphone button.

What do you mean by "open the Google browser"? Do you mean the Google Assistant, or Google Chrome?
Is that the only app where I can start Google Assistant by saying "OK Google", or is thispossible from everywhere?

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:39 am

Hello,
Thanks for your message
The function of "OK Google" can use on the app from Google.
Please refer this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0WXlCVDbx0
Best Regards,
Jammy

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”