DAB+ improvement of reception somehow!

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
roscored

DAB+ improvement of reception somehow!

Postby roscored » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:52 am

Well it has been an interesting little development. I have an older Kit Kat model head unit with DAB radio module and windscreen antenna, the sound quality is good and the reception can be erratic.
I had to take the SD card out for another reason and so was running the DAB with just the app installed on the headunit, where previously I also had a version of it on the SD card as an .apk file.
Without the card and the apk file the radio is almost perfect, I have done tests where I drive down the same road, 5 minutes later, after taking the card out and starting the radio and car again driving down the same road and the reception is much better with almost no dropouts.
I dont know the reason , but was assuming that maybe the radio when it starts is also loading the apk file twice or there is some conflict, if it senses there is another version running, not sure.
So just wanted to pass on if you have the app installed on the headunit, just clear the card of any DAB apps it may or may not make a difference.
Merry Christmas to all those interested.

Jammy

Re: DAB+ improvement of reception somehow!

Postby Jammy » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:36 am

Hello
Thanks for your message
Could you please offer us your SKU number and order ID?
Is it the same version on sd card and head unit?
Best Reagrds,
Jammy

roscored

Postby roscored » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:01 am

yes its the same version, the reception is never great though, is there an update to the app. kitkat S07

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:16 am

Thanks for your feedback, but we do not have an updated app for DAB, sorry

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”