Backup camera does Not activate automatically

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jordanh

Backup camera does Not activate automatically

Postby jordanh » Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:34 pm

Hello again :)
I recently installed a reverse cam, it works when i connect it to aux Video in. But when i connect it to the Cam in" wire and Insert reverse gear, Nothing happens.
I have canbus Adapter and i am not Sure which cable i need to cut and connect to reverse lamp for giving the signal to head unit.
There is a Cam Line cable but Nothing happens when i give 12v to it.

In another thread you say it is pin 1, but for me pin 1 is
CAMERA_VIDEO, so i dont want to cut this :D
IMG_20210606_170445.jpg
IMG_20210606_170445.jpg (2.88 MiB) Viewed 2524 times

IMG_20210606_170504.jpg
IMG_20210606_170504.jpg (5.16 MiB) Viewed 2524 times

IMG_20210606_172600.jpg
IMG_20210606_172600.jpg (2.07 MiB) Viewed 2523 times

Jammy

Re: Backup camera does Not activate automatically

Postby Jammy » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:08 am

Hello
Thansk for your message
Please enter setting--extra setting--input password 123456.
Then you need to find the option about disable reverse video, please choose open, see image
reverse video.png
reverse video.png (42.89 KiB) Viewed 2507 times

Any more questions, pls contact us feel free
Best Regards
Autopumpkin

jordanh

Re: Backup camera does Not activate automatically

Postby jordanh » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:44 am

YES, you nailed it! This does the trick. When setting what you write AND giving 12v signal on the "Cam Line" connector, the reverse cam activates automatically.
For explaination and future readers:
My problem was that the German translation of "Disable reverse video" was so misleading that i didnt get what it means (in german version it translates literally to "disable upside down picture"). Even tough i feared that this setting could potentially lead my headunit to output no picture at all anymore, i tried it once (it did not work, so i reset it) but at the time i did not know that there comes no reverse gear signal from the canbus decoder.
Also, i tried to enable the sending of reverse gear signal on Canbus using VCDS but i was not successful. Probably this signal is just not available on my VW Touran 1 from 2004. There is also a chance that i can only enable this the reverse gear signal on Canbus using VCDS when the original RNS Headunit is connected, but i am not sure about that.
So after all, i need to install an additional cable from the reverse lamp on the back of the car all the way up to the head unit.

Thank you very much Jammy, you are my hero :D

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”