Replacing old unit

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
autocolor

Replacing old unit

Postby autocolor » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:16 pm

Hi All new to this forum so hope I an in the right section
I have been running an old Pumpkin unit Model S07 in my 2008 Corvette since December 2014, its been OK but is now getting somewhat tired and with only 1GB struggles to download map updates constantly telling me there is no space, I run Sygic sat nav but the latest version of that is not compatible with this old unit.
So to cut to the chase what would be the best unit to update to that has the same basic spec as the S07, sat nav SD / std SD / 2 USB connectors / 1 apple connector etc.
The S07 is a 7" double din with just std FM radio, do the newer units also run DAB and does that come without the need for extra adaptors?
My main concern is fitting, will the connections all be the same or will I need yet another specific Harness?

Thanks for any advice you can offer

Mike

autocolor

Re: Replacing old unit

Postby autocolor » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:27 pm

Will someone from Pumpkin please respond to this message, or is this forum frozen

autocolor

Re: Replacing old unit

Postby autocolor » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:22 pm

Unfortunately it seems this forum has not improved at all since I first purchased my unit in 2016, either very slow or no response to posts, and despite people giving details of their problems the reply is always send your order details.
Have emailed customer services who took over 24 hours to respond once with no information, still waiting for a second response.
Decided to go with a proper company with reliable customer service and technical team.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”