Weather Widget, Weather App + Car Controls

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

MrBob

Weather Widget, Weather App + Car Controls

Postby MrBob » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:37 am

Had this device professionally installed. Pleased with the device so far -- have the following issues:

Issue A+B - Weather Widget + App
a. Cannot replace the default location in the Weather app with my location (or any major US city). The app will locate my city but not add or replace the default location.
b. The Weather widget (that shows on the home screen) does not update either. The spin/refresh icon spins does nothing when pressed.
Q1. Apparently I can't delete the Weather widget. Is there a fix for this? Or is there another app that I can replace it with that will function the same? If so can you send the app along with US English installation instructions.

Issue C - Car Control Module
c. The Car Control module (that controls the original car settings) is where I should be able to change the original factory/dash clock on my car. This app does nothing when I press any of the buttons. The dash clock is about 10 mins different from the Pumpkin.
Q2. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks

Andy

Re: Weather Widget, Weather App + Car Controls

Postby Andy » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:19 am

Hi there
Sorry for replying you late due to not work at weekend!
For the weather app, We have noticed that, and the factory already find the reason, because the weather app is using yahoo weather api, and the yahoo api server is with data during those days, if not remember wrong, it starts few days ago. And we are so sorry that it is still not be fixed yet. As the situation of that, we can only wait for it to recovery my friend. I hope you can understand. If you are urgent using it, please try to install other weather app from google playstore, and then put the weather widget in the second page of the main screen, because the default app is not allowed to be removed. I hope you can understand and do not worry about this!

For the car control module, could you please tell me your order number from us so that I can check it for you? Because some items do not support that function to work, I hope you can understand. And almost those kind of after market car stereo devices do not support to control the original car to work, because the original car setting most are only support to be modify from the original car radio due to the special code module built in from the factory.
Kind Regards!

MrBob

Postby MrBob » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:48 pm

The weather widget is still not working.
Please provide a fix for this here or email me instructions to replace the app with one that works as intended. And no, I will not understand if you can't or won't.

Neither iGO nor Google Maps/Navigation will reduce the radio volume when the app provides instructions so you can hear it.
Both application volumes are set to their maximum limits and you can't hear it over a normal radio volume.
I have also increased the System volume to 20 thinking the navigation instructions use the system volume -- and that has failed as well.
Please advise

Lastly, how do I turn off the Radio app? I don't want to mute it, or turn-off the unit -- I simply want to turn off the radio app. How can I do that?

Thank you.

Vic

Postby Vic » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:19 pm

Radio has in uper right side a beckuards arrow .
The gps sound you can do that from gps setting. ..go to settings / gps setting and you gonna find sound settings (sorry for my English )

Qdog

Postby Qdog » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:28 pm

Hello I have a Pumpkin SKU: KD-C0224 and I'm having the same problem with the weather app. I feel there should be a over the air update or a micro sd card with a fix that you can load unto the pumpkin head units to fix this promblem. I been trying for 4-days to fix this on my radio and no luck. I'm starting to think this is just a old out dated app that dosen't no longer works and we are stuck with it on our Pumpkin head unit. I feel this head unit should have giving you a choice to replace this app or disable it not to run or show on the home screen. I was about to buy three more head units like the SKU: C0224 but I will have to wait until this weather app is fix. I don't like wasting money on things that don't work like new.

To Whom Ever This may Concern: Pumpkin
I know you said this is a yahoo API problem, well if that's the csase then shouldn't my android phone, tablet, Acer all in one 21.5 android computer plus pc and laptops should be doing the same thing? To me that don't sound right. I believe its a old out dated weather app that should be replace with the weather channel app or some other kind of app when they nolonger work. This needs to be fix and not ignored. And I don't feel right about just loading a second weather app on to my haed unit on the next screen to hide the weather app that dosen't no longer work like it suppose to. Not after you spent money on something, it should work like it suppose to. So the big question is what are you going to do to fix the problem?

rodmacpherson

Postby rodmacpherson » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:08 pm

The weather app needs to be fixed. Please provide an update.

Andy

Postby Andy » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:08 am

Andy

Postby Andy » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:18 am

rodmacpherson

Postby rodmacpherson » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:51 pm

Dear Pumpkin,

If the Yahoo API is no longer providing the functionality you require for the built-in Weather app, please provide an updated app that pulls that data from a different weather API, or provide a solution that removes the weather info that has not been updated in months from the main screen and we can install our own Weather apps that do provide up to date info. Mine has been saying that it is -15C for quite a while, and the local temperatures have been above freezing for weeks.

Even if it just shows an empty box instead of weather info, and I had to install a different app to put a widget on the other side of the screen that would be ok, but having it display incorrect info is not acceptable.

Andy

Postby Andy » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:12 am

Hi there
The newly released weather app is already solved this issue, would you mind check this topic for it?
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=268
Regards!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”